5

mikes pov
-

tonight was the party and the only thing i was focused on was making sure will had a good time. he has had a hard past few years and what he needs is to loosen up.

after me and will basically ran from his mom, it was time that school let out so we both went our seperate ways to our own houses. im forcing nancy to drive us to steves party since shes going too.

i walked into the house after 'school' and dropped my bag onto the ground and yelled out "mom! im home!" and then i walked through the hallway towards nancys room.

she was currently walking back and forth, pacing. the door was cracked so i pushed it open more and said "nancy, what the hell are you doing" and looked at her weirdly.

"mike get out!" she exclaimed, pulling a pillow off of her bed and throwing it at me. "no, what are you doing?" i asked, walking into her room and closing the door.

"so you know how the party is tonight? and how me and jonathan havent talked in a year?" she asked, sitting on her bed and looking at me.

i nodded in response. "well he is fu.cking going to be there and i dont know what to do! i dont know what to wear!" she cried

"w-" i was cut off by her "oh my god mike! what if he wants to get back together!"

"i mean, does he know that youre still not over him and you havent been with anyone else since him?" i asked,  kinda pointing out how pathetic she sounded

she shook her head and swallowed "will told me that he was dating some girl back in new york, it didnt seem serious though" i said, attempting to calm her down.
-
"nancy hurry your ass up! we have to pick will up!" i yelled down the hallway, towards nancys room.

my dad was sure to yell "LANGUAGE!" per usual.

after me and nancy had a small talk about jonathan, her confidence wasnt so much in the gutter.

nancy walked out of her room and walked down the hallway like it was a runway and i rolled my eyes. "how do i look daddy?" nancy beamed, flattering her eyes

"pretty, honey" my dad responded, taking a sip of coca cola, not even looking up from the tv.

"nancy, lets gooo!" i whined, pulling her arm. "fine fine, go start the car." she ordered, throwing the golden car keys at me and i instantly ran through the front door to the car, starting it.

after about three minutes, nancy came out of the house and got into the car, smelling like vanilla and brown sugar. before i knew it, we pulled out of the driveway, setting off to wills house.

-

will was in his front porch when we arrived at his house, and honestly, he looked nervous. he was wearing his new outfit that i bought him a few hours beforehand, and he looked amazing. he looked ten times more stunning that i thought he would have.

walking to the car, wills eyes glistened in the sun that was quickly going down. wow, he just looked so angelic. my best friend really did that. once he walked up to the car, i got out of the front seat and opened that backseat door for will and then got in beside him.