28

(Y/N POV)

Lie to me.

Peterthescienceguy

@Peterthescienceguy: Germany is fun

7:29pm

7 likes | 5 comments

Chairmanned bro is that Mila YESSSSSSS #goals

Mayistheway I thought this was a scholarship why is mila there?

Peterthescienceguy she lives here May

Mjhateslife uh you're missing all your classes dweeb

Flashtheflash he paid her to pose with him, parker can't score girls

******

Overall this whole post was cute. It made my heart burst. Into a thousand little pieces and I'm hating every second of this horrible feeling.

"Friday where's my dad," I asked, "why isn't he home?"

I had snuck back into the hotel about an hour ago, and surprisingly my dad wasn't here. If he wasn't here to see me come home late, then maybe I wasn't in trouble.

"He is with Happy Hogan," friday said, "would you like me to tell you the basis of thier conversation?"

"Uh, sure."

"Happy Hogan had been fired from his position of your father's personal assistant."

"What?"

"Your father has gained information of your whereabouts this evening, and as removed him from his position."

"HOW DID HE KNOW?"

"I am unaware. You may ask your father when he arrives."

"FRIDAY GET ME ON THE PHONE WITH MY DAD!"

"I apologize, but your father is unavailable. He has his privacy mode on."

I rubbed my eyes and paced around the phone in a wave of panic. This wasn't happening. He couldn't have found out. He couldn't have fired Happy. Did happy tell him? Was he stalking me at the bridge?

"I'm going out," I said, "tell me when my dad gets home."

"I would highly advise your departure,"Friday said, "Tony Stark has just returned."

"Oh god."

I heard the door of the hotel complex shut. And angry shut, not a normal shut. I squeezed my eyes shut nervously, and tried to regulate my breathing. My heart was racing at an alarming pace, and I didn't know what to do at the moment.

But I didn't have to do anything.

The door to my room swung open, my dad stomping inside like a toddler. He was fuming with anger, his fist clenched in rage.

"You lied to me," he said, "unacceptable."

He tossed his phone at me, and glared daggers into my skull as I looked at the screen. Of course. Peter's instagram post was pulled up. How could I be so stupid to forget that my father keeps tabs on everything Peter does?! Even though you can't see my face, there's no way I can lie myself out of this situation.

"I'm sorry," I said, 'but I didn't lie. You said I couldn't go looking for peter, but instead he came looking for me. There's a difference."

"No there's not," he spat out, "what you just said is a loophole. And you've been raised in my family long enough to know that I hate being cheated in a promise."

"You can't expect me to ignore him! He's my friend!"

Wrong thing to say. I watched as he prowled around my room, his eyes never leaving where I stood. To say I was scared of what he'd say next was an understatement. I was mortified.

"But that's not true, is it?" he said slowly, "he's not your friend."

"Yes he is-"

"No he's not. He's more than that to you. And don't you dare think about lying to me again. I've known for a long time, and you've broken any possibility of seeing him again."

"How is this fair?!"

"It's fair. You lie, you face the consequences. You two are too young to be romantically involved, and he's only here to work for me. Being close to him would put you in danger, and distract him from doing his job."

"He doesn't even know who I am! He thinks I'm this other girl who you made up to set up apart. I'm not Mila freaking Waters, and I want him to know that."

My dad frowned, and snatched his phone back from my hands. He headed towards the door in a fit, and grabbed the handle.

"You think it's that easy, huh?" he asked, "you think you can just tell him?"

"Why couldn't I?"

"There. You only think about what happens to you. Did you ever care to think about how Peter would feel?"

"Why would that be a problem?"

My dad shook his head, "fine. Tell him. But don't come crying back to me."

*******

I haven't updated in 17 days, and I'm sorry

I promise I'll do better, I've just been really busy.

********