where he belongs

"What the fuck you mean he raped you?" Kalin barked, breaking the silence.

Melo's brown eyes no longer held compassion. Instead they filled almost instantly with anger.

"I don't remember all of it. But I was so drunk and I remember it hurt and I was scared. But I guess I blacked out." I tried to give a summary of the night.

"You blacked out and then what?" Kalin spoke through gritted teeth.

"And that Dream found me. She stopped him, and took me the hospital." I turned to finally realizing something. "I don't even think I said thank you. Thank you."

"Of course." she nodded.

"And you ain't think to fucking call one of us? Are you stupid?" It was Hakeem who barked now, only his focus was on Dream who didn't cower.

"I'm glad she didn't." I defended her.

"The fuck? Nah bro, you sure it was Rob? Rob a lot of things but I ain't ever pictured him as a rapist." Armani shook his head.

"I've had the same nightmare that replays it in my mind for four nights consecutively. I'm sure Mani."

He took a deep breath, nodding. "Then Yas mark my words, he a dead man."

"I don't want anymore deaths." I shook my head.

Robert had a family, just like Jayo, and just like Carolina.

"So them hickeys...." Melo broke his silence with a low voice.

"It was him." I nodded.

"And you ain't think telling was better than acting the way you did?" Melo breathing was picking up, and his fists were white from how hard he clenched them.

"In my head, yeah." I scratched the side of my head realizing I really could've prevented a whole lot of nothing if I had just told him. But at the same time Kalin look like he ready to shoot someone and that's exactly why I ain't wanna say shit.

"Yasmin, you the smartest girl I know but then you do some dumb shit like this and I really can't understand it."

"Honestly." Jax spoke, putting in 2 cents that nobody asked for.

We all turned to him.

"Jax c'mon inside. Let the grown ups talk okay." Alicia held out his hand for him.

"Man." he ignored her hand stomping his way inside the house.

"Kalin, say something." I begged.

"I'm gonna kill him." Kalin casually decided.

"Please don't."

"Stop fucking looking out for people who obviously don't give a fuck about you Yasmin. Are you fucking retarded. This ain't a fairytale Yasmin, it's kill or be killed. And I think this nigga Rob bout ready to go if he thought for a second it was okay for him to do that shit." Kalin pointed his finger in my face as he spoke.

"What the fuck about my life has been a fairytale Kalin. Please enlighten me!"

"Oh please." Kenya rolled her eyes, "You got all of us. You got Melo who would literally fly you out anywhere if he wanted to see and buy you the world if you wanted. Berkeley is offering you a full ride. You a fucking Victoria Secret Model. What the fuck else do you need?"

"I also have a dead dad, an addict mama, I get hit with a new crisis every other day. My heart elastic at this point. I got fucking raped Kenya. It's not the same. You choose to fuck Zo, I didn't choose to get fucked by Rob. You would never get what that feels likes. And how I choose to heal from it is my business." I spit out.