𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

IT WAS ALWAYS ALEX !

☀︎

FLEEING THE MOVIE THEATER, STEVE AND ROBIN WENT ON A SEARCH FOR SOME WATER. They had figured by the time they had gotten a drink, they would be back inside before Dustin or Erica had realized they went missing. To them, it hadn't been fair that they were forced to watch a movie they thought had made no sense while the others were free to leave when they wanted to contact others.

Once they had found that water and discussed the ridiculousness of Back to the Future, the world began to spin. The drugs inside them had threatened to force itself out of their system and give them back their rightful state of mind. It ended with them in the bathroom, vomit-filled toilets, and headaches that pounded against their skulls.

In a stall, Robin had rested her feet on the stall walls, arms extended out as she watched the ceiling above her. "The ceiling stopped spinning for me. Is it still spinning for you?"

In the next stall over, Steve had sat beside the toilet, regaining his sober state of mind as he checked the ceiling above him. "Holy shit," he whispered. "No. Do you think we puked it all up?"

"Maybe. Ask me something," Robin suggested. She had expected the question to be able to put a smile on her face. It's what she felt she needed to get through the rest of the night. After all, she had faced more today than she ever had. She needed the reminder that the world was still normal in some ways.

Steve thought for a moment. "When did you last pee your pants?"

Robin grinned. Of course, Steve Harrington would question her on something so ridiculous. It was very much like him and told her he was back to his normal self. "Today," she answered honestly.

"What?"

"When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw," she said quietly. Unable to hide her amusement in her response, she couldn't help but let out a laugh. "It was just a little bit though!"

Steve chuckled, resting his head in his hand. "Yeah, it's definitely still in your system."

"All right, my turn," Robin said, sitting up against the bathroom wall. Her heart started to pick up at the thought of asking Steve the question she had been dying to know. It was a moment to be open and honest with each other in a way that would have never allowed them before. She had heard from Alex who the real Steve Harrington was, but this time, she wanted to hear it from him.

"When was the first time you fell in love?"

He lifted his head out of his hand as his eyes focused on his feet. There wasn't anyone but Alex he had ever been that honest with. It made him feel vulnerable. Still, somehow, Robin had made him comfortable. "Uh, yeah," he began hesitantly. "Well, I thought I was at the time. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year," imitating a gunshot to the side of his head, Steve frowned at the memories of the girl he thought he could have been in love with.