Ch. 15

The sleeping teenager roused, lifting his head. "Dad?"

The avengers blinked as one.

"Tony," Natasha began very carefully. "Why, exactly is there a teenage boy on your back? And why did he call you dad? I'm pretty sure you don't have a son."

Said teenager lifted a hand, slowly dropping to his feet. "Hi. I'm Peter, Ms Romanoff, ma'am."

Her eyes softened. "Hello Peter."

Then her gaze turned back to Tony. "Care to explain?"

Tony winced. "Yeah. About that. This is Peter Parker, and yes, he is my biological son. You should know about him. He was there while I was... for a better word, sick."

Her mouth opened in a silent O as he continued.

"You did the report on me, after all."

"Yes!" The outburst came from Clint, who was grinning ear to ear. "I knew it! I'm not the only dad on the team!"

Natasha shook her head slowly. "So this is Peter. Nick mentioned that you had a kid, but I thought you handed him off to his relatives."

Peter tensed, and Tony glared at the woman. "Yes. This is Peter. If you could kindly shut up now?"

Her gaze fell on Peter, and she had the grace to look slightly embarrassed. "Sorry. Nice to meet you Peter."

He hummed noncommittally.

"All right," Tony said quietly. "Pete? Let's get you fed, then we can go back to my rooms. Or my lab. Whichever you prefer."

The teen smiled gratefully, burying his face against Tony's shoulder again. "'Kay. Can we watch another movie?"

"Sure, kiddo." He was very obviously ignoring the smiles from the team. "Eggs and bacon or waffles?"

"Whatever's easier…" Peter's answer was barely decipherable from where he had hidden his face. 

"Neither. It's takeout, that I am stealing from the team, because they're being insensitive clods. So. Bacon and eggs or waffles."

Peter's slight snort made him crack a smile. "Eggs and bacon please. All of the bacon. They deserve it."

Tony choked on the mouthful of coffee he had taken, laughing so hard he couldn't breathe for several seconds.

"Darn straight they do," he wheezed.

He grabbed three containers of food, handed two back to Peter, and moved toward the elevator, making sure his kid was following.

He gave a sarcastic, over-the-top exaggerated salute as the doors closed, smirking at the irritation on several faces.

He grabbed two forks from the kitchen, and handing one to Peter, collapsed beside him. "I wasn't planning on them finding out so quickly. Are you okay? With... everything?"

Peter looked up, eyes wide as he tried to swallow the mouthful of food.

"Slow down, sheesh. Don't choke."

A light pink dusted across his cheekbones, and he gave an embarrassed laugh. "'Kay. Uh. Yeah?"

"You sound very unsure," Tony noted.

"Yeah," Peter said firmly. "Yeah. I'm- I'm fine with it. Just- they won't tell anyone else, will they?"

Tony ruffled his hair, noticing with a pang that the boy was starting to look nervous. "No. They know how to keep secrets."

I feel like this is an important part of the storyline, with the reassurance that they wouldn't give up his secret… 

That may be important later… 

Mwahahahahaha.

Okay.

I'm done.

Leave kudos and comments, they make my day!