Chapter 9 : Farewell, For Now

TAKE NOTE. THIS STORY IS STILL NOT EDITED SO SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES. FEEL FREE TO TELL ME IF I HAVE A MISSPELLED WORD OR A WRONG GRAMMAR. I WOULD PRETTY MUCH APPRECIATE IT. 

 Text Copyright ©Cristelle Mae Gille ™ 2014

I was awake before the sin kissed the horizon. I checked my things for the last time then got ready for my departure. We were supposed to wear white as a uniform for us girls to be recognized.

                The sun was already full on shining, painting the sky blue the moment I was done.

                I went down the stairs to our kitchen, luggage in hand. I was surprised to see the table already set with breakfast while my parents are sitting already waiting for me.

                “Good morning dear.” My mother greeted.

                “Good morning.” I greeted back as I kissed them both on the cheek then sat down.

                My mother stood up and braided my hair into a bun as I ate she pinned it well and tight so it won’t fall off from any harsh movements that I make.

                Silence engulfed us.

                “You be careful there my dear daughter. Be safe. The palace may look like a fortress so impassable. But within those stone walls are dangers hiding themselves in the shadows. And always remember, your mother and I love you so much.” My father stated, breaking the silence in the kitchen.

                Looking through his eyes, I nodded. I love my father dearly. I am close to my mother, yes. But it is my father whom I ran through with my problems. When I cry, it’s his shoulder I lean on.

                Mother finished my braid and took my face in her hands. “Now look at you. So grown up and so beautiful. Those girls better be intimidated for you will outshine them all.” She said as she kissed my forehead.

                Then there’s a knock on the door.

                My father stood up and opened it. There standing was a man wearing a palace guard’s uniform. “Good morning ser. I am here to escort Miss Rainecourt to the plaza. The carriage is waiting for her.”

The town’s plaza buzzed with excitement. People mingling around. Some curiously looking at the three waiting carriages parked in front of the read leading to the town’s main gate. Guards are circling the perimeter making a border for the civilians, restricting them to approach the carriages. Some girls are already there. Three I think. That leaves them waiting for me and another. Some officials enter their carriages with grace and poise, even the men.

                As we approach Claudia, one of the adjudicators, noticed me and gave me a nod. Acknowledging my appearance. “Greetings miss Rainecourt. A very lovely choice of clothing again. We are leaving the moment Miss Aschuill arrives. Make yourself comfortable. It’ll be a long journey ahead of us.” She said before nodding to my parents and scurrying away. My dress was just simple. A simple yet fitting. It has white short sleeves hanging loosely on my shoulders white a hear shape neckline. Not too low to be outrageous. It has a thin band on the waist and the rest falls down to my ankles like weightless silk. Courtesy of the number of dresses Clarissa lend me.

                My parents walked me to the waiting carriage in the middle where most of the girls are already seated inside. I handed my language to the waiting chauffeur and thanked them. My mother’s eyes were glossy as if she was holding back the tears. Before she can release the waterworks, I hugged her tight. “Don’t cry mother. I am most likely sure that we will see each other very soon. Just don’t count on the days. It’ll make it seem longer if you do.” I released her and stepped in front of my father. I waited. Then he opened his arms for me so I jumped in, hooking my hands behind his neck then he lifted me up so my feet can no longer touch the ground.

        “Oh my princess.” He expressed. “I will surely miss you father. So much. I promise to write to you both as soon as I can, alright?”

        His hug tightened. “You do that Aimee.” Then he put me down.

        I was about to take my first step inside the carriage when someone called my name in a distance.

        “Aimes! Aimee! Wait!”

        It was Asher.

        He’s running through the crowd gathers around the carriages. Pushing his way through to get to me. Before he managed to step inside the guarded circle, one of the castle guards lifted his hands and stopped him.

        “Are you a family member of one of the ladies?” the guard asked.

        “Umm—“he took a long breath, exhausted from running. “I’m one of the girl’s best friend.” He said. But the guard shook his head.

        “Sorry, young man. Family only. Orders from the higher powers.” The guard replied.

        Asher’s face fell. He looked at me, his eyes pleading. “Aimee?” he begged. So I yield. I stepped down and rushed to him. The moment he ran towards his direction, his fate lit up like fireworks blooming in the dark night sky. More radiant than the stars themselves. It’s breathtaking.

        He spread both his arms wide as I approach and hugged his torso as hard as I can. “Oh, Asher. Please be sure to visit me there.” I pleaded. “Of course I will. You can’t get rid of me that easy. I’m your best friend remember?” He replied.

        And I know he would. Asher is like that.

        Before I knew it. A trumpet blast called the attention of everyone on the town’s plaza. All heads turned to the center where Claudia can be seen. “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your hospitality. This town is definitely wonderful. May you all bless your long journey to the palace and look forward to knowing your future queen. Maybe she will be one of the ladies born here. You’ll never know. Only time will tell. Now,” she waved me to come back. “The ladies and I will bid you all good bye.”

        I looked at Asher one more time and smiled. “See you soon.”

        He smiled in return. “Yeah, see you soon.”

        As I walked back, I hugged my parents for the last time. Giving them reassurance.

        I went inside the carriage sitting beside the girl named Lena. She smiled at me and said a polite hello as I did back. The other girls seems busy waving to their loved ones. I was glad I managed to get a window seat so I could see Asher, mother and father as I go.

        My mother was crying.

        I waved at them too. Giving them a false message that I am happy. I was, because I will be seeing Edmund. But sad as well, for I also left most of my loved ones behind. And I hope it’ll all be worth it in the end.

        Then our journey begins.

        It’s just that, we did not expect something to happen tragically.

AIMEE'S DRESS IS ON THE SIDE ====>>>>>

NOTICE!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CONTEMPLATING ON CHANGING THE CELEB PLAYING PRINCE EDMIND. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I WOULD PRETTY MUCH APPRECIATE IT.

THAT'S IT!  I KNOW I KNOW IT'S BEEN SO LONG. FORGIVE ME. PRETTY PLEASE. IT'S BEEN HECTIC WITH THE SENIOR THESIS DEADLINE SO I HAVE BEEN SO SO DAMN BUSY. FORGIVE ME?

IF YOU LIKE THE STORY. PLEASE FAVOR ME IN CLICKING THE LITTLE STAR BUTTON FOR A VOTE AND PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY STORY!

~SCYRENNE