(17)

A Piano

Colby's pov

It's been about three hours of us just sitting here. The sun is starting to go down. Sky leans against Jake and nods off.

I close my eyes and listen to the cars on the road. I hear a car pull into the driveway, I glance down the stairs and see Kenzie's car pull in. She gets out and walks up to us.

"Hey Kenny." I smile and she walks right into my arms, I wrap my arms around her and we just stands there in a hug for a minute. She pulls away and bends down poking Skylar.

"Get the fuck up." She says in her sweetest voice. Skylar flips her off and stands up with the help of Jake who had been on his phone up until now.

Kenzie unlocks the door and we all walk in. Jake jumps over the back of the couch and lays down. I walk around and jump on the big bean bag chair. Jax comes jogging in and jumps up next to Jake, curling up in a little ball in between his legs.

"Good night I'm tired." Skylar waves walking up the stairs. Kenzie looks at her.

"Skylar its only eight." Kenzie looks down at her phone and back up at Skylar, who disappears up the stairs.

"Bedtime." She yells. Kenzie looks at me and turns around walking into the kitchen. I unlock my phone and scroll through Instagram. Jake grabs the remote turning the tv on.

"What are we watching?" Kenzie stands in the door way between the living room and kitchen. Jake looks back at her and then scroll through the options.

"Honestly I don't know." He keep scrolling and then stops on the movie IT. "How about IT?" Jake looks back at Kenzie who had already been shaking her head.

"No no no." She puts her hands up and continues to shake her head.

"So let me get this straight. You will play with an Ouija board. And summon demons. You will run around haunted woods and hotels. Run in and out of abandoned places where people have been killed. You will sleep over night in scary places. But you won't watch the movie IT?" Jake questions tapping his fingers one by one.

Ken nods and walks towards the middle of the room. "No. I will not." She goes to grab the remote and Jake pulls it away.

"Perfect we are watching it." He turns it on right away. She starts to walk away and Jake stands up and picks her up walking her over towards me and then putting her down on the bean bag chair with me. "Stay."

Jax watches Jake until he sits back down. Then gets up and lays under Kenzie and me. Jake lays down on the couch.

"I'm not watc-." Kenzie begins but Jake cuts her off.

"We are watching a movie." He says pointing at the television. Kenzie shuts up and crosses her arms. Then she starts to shift a whole bunch trying to get comfortable. I pull her to the other side of me and stretch out so I was facing the tv more.

"Lay here." I whisper. She cuddles closer to me and then stops moving. Then we both start to watch the movie.

•••

I wake up and Kenzie is gone and Jake is sleeping on the couch. I get up and grab my phone. 10:30. I stand up and stretch. I walk to the kitchen and see Kenzie pouring granola into yogurt.

"Good morning." She looks over and then turns around putting the granola away. "I'm sorry for falling asleep." She smiled taking a bit of her food.

I shake my head, running a hand through my hair. "No your fine." She just gives me a smile. My phone starts to buzz, Brennen.

"Hey bro what's up." I say leaning on the counter and watching Kenzie.

"Hey you up for some to eat later?" I laugh and look at him over the FaceTime call.

"Uh yeah. Where?" I ask and Kenzie walks over getting in the FaceTime call.

"Hey brenny." She smiles as he points his vlog camera at the phone.

"Hey Ken. You wanna join in on today's vlog?" She looks at me and then back at him.

"Sure what the worst that could happen." She laughs and he smiles.

"Okay so we are going to go shopping at goodwill. We each are going to have. Never mind I will tell you when we get there. Come get me." Brennen hangs up and I look over at Kenzie.

"I'll write a note for Sky and Jake." She writes a note quickly and places one on Jakes phone and then she runs upstairs.

"Colby." Kenzie whisper yells. I walk to the stairs and see her. "Do you want some clothes?"

I look down at what I am wearing. "Yeah what do you got." I jog up the stairs and into Kenzie's room with her. She holds up my Xplr hoodie and a pair of my jeans I left here last time. "Thanks." She smiles and walks out of her room after grabbing her wallet and a sweatshirt.

I quickly change and go downstairs. We head out and on our way to Brennens apartment. Brennen jumps in the front as Kenzie climbs into the back.

"It's the fantastic trio." Brennen turned his camera on and yelled.

"Don't lie the fans will call you out. Jake, Colby and I are the trio." Kenzie pat his shoulder. He frowns and looks at me.

"Why is she here?" He points back at her and she crosses her arms. She rolled her eyes and went on her phone. "Okay so today we are going to go to goodwill and buy an outfit for less then fifty dollars. The requirements are; you must have pants or shorts, you must have a shirt, shoes, and you must be able to buy an accessory of your choice. That being a purse, a wallet, a piano or whatever you want." Brennen laughs and looks back at Kenzie who was smiling.

"Colby we are buying a piano." She smiles and I start my car up.