33. Caught

Sarai' Morgan

"He has to be going through something Rai', that's the only thing I can think of...I don't know." Manny guessed. I stopped by his boutique to shop for my birthday trip. I still had items in my closet with price tags yet here I was buying more.

"But why not come to me?" I sighed. Manny shrugged. "I mean I know why he won't but he agreed to at least try." I rambled on. Jah had been on my mind all night so I could barely sleep. When I left work, he was still sitting in the parking lot, trying to convince me to come home with him. He literally had me outside in the cold fussing with him for at least 20 minutes.

Pissed was an understatement.

He was acting so different last night and I felt many ways about it. A mixture of disappointment, anger and frustration. The behavior he displayed wasn't him at all. "You said that he was high, right?" I nodded, continuing to look through the rack of clothes. "You think he's doing hardcore drugs?" He wondered. "He was on something last night...I saw it in his eyes." I spoke sure of myself.

I wasn't crazy.

I knew the difference between a regular high and a high high.

As far as I knew, Jabri only smoked weed. Other than his eyes, the slurred speech and scratching gave him away. "What did he say?" Manny asked. "He lied." That's what pissed me off even more. He's always been honest with me so him lying now had my mind racing.

Had me questioning what he was doing when I wasn't around.

"He's not opening up to me and it's becoming frustrating. He tells me one thing but does another. And last night he just acted an ass. He was aggressive and he's not usually like that." I pouted. I believe Jabri when he tells me that he'd never hurt me physically. But, last night displayed that he possibly could when under the influence. He didn't hurt me but the grabbing was unnecessary.    

"I thought he was doing therapy?" I shook my head at that. "He lied about that too. Mrs. Teylor told me that he hasn't been back since his first session. Which he didn't even finish because he walked out. Of course she didn't tell me why due to confidentiality." I shrugged. I wasn't looking for Mrs. Teylor to spill the tea on Jah because I wanted him to tell me himself.

But he's lied to me, twice.

As long as we've been together, I've never lied to him about anything. There were some things I didn't speak on for my own reasons, but still I never lied to his face. "Communication is key...that's the only way you'll know." Manny advised. "I don't have anything to say to him right now." My stance was final. I wasn't in the wrong this time, he was. And until he admits it, we don't have anything to discuss.

"You're still shopping for this trip though." Manny smirked in an attempt to lighten the mood. "Damn right. He knows better than to cancel my trip." I sassed. He could be mad all he wanted, even though he had no reason to be. If he cancelled this trip, he would be as single as the day I met him.

"You don't even know where y'all going." Manny laughed making me giggle. "More reason for me to buy shit I don't need." I threw one of his original pieces onto my shoulder, making my way into the fitting room.

Guess who's gonna be late coming back from her lunch break?

"It just sucks ya know?" Evan frowned. He was currently telling me about his break up with his girlfriend of four months; Sydney. Unfortunately, he caught her cheating with another guy in her apartment.

"I mean I don't know why, ya know? Everything was going great...sex was amazing." He trailed off as he slouched back in his seat. We were waiting on more samples to come in, so we had some downtime. Like usual, when stressed I threw myself into my work. That's why I'm picking up a few extra hours again tonight. I'll probably hit the gym when I get off too, just to relieve some of this tension.