Fernweh

Fernweh; a longing to travel, missing a place you've never been.

C H A P T E R    T H I R T Y - O N E 

"Hey, we're here," Noah said to everyone waiting for us outside the restaurant. I slapped his hand away from my waist as soon as we reached.

"Where's Tiffany?" Scar asked.

"She told me she's not feelin' like it tonight so she's gonna stay in," Noah replied and I found that extremely strange because Tiffany hates staying in. 

"No Matt, no Tiffany. So, it's just us then let's go in. I'm starving," Jordan said.

All of us started to go in and Scar widened her eyes and she was trying to signal something to me. 

'What happened?' I mouthed.

She pointed at me very earnestly and I didn't understand what she was saying but I realized it in the next two seconds. I looked down at the sweatshirt I was wearing and then looked at Noah. 

He looked at me with a calm smile. "Just say you were feeling cold so you borrowed mine."

"I have a collection of hoodies. Why would I borrow yours?" I whisper-shouted and before he could reply Ally turned around and from the look on her face, I knew I was a goner.

She had a suspicious look on her face and she folded her arms. "Wait a minute," she said and pulled me to the side as everyone followed. "Noah was wearing the exact same thing you are when he went to call you."

"So? Both of us can't have the same sweatshirt?" Noah tried to come up with a dumb excuse and I mentally facepalmed myself. 

"Oh really, then where is yours right now?" she raised her eyebrows and looked at us. "And I know for a fact that Syd does not have a black sweatshirt from Nike," Ally said.

"You know, it's kind of creepy how much detailed information you have about each other," Noah said, referring to us three girls.

"Oh my god! Are you? You both are together! How could you not tell me about something like this?" Ally slapped my arm. I just bit my tongue and looked at the ground.

"Wait, you just jumped to that conclusion out of nowhere? She could've just borrowed my sweatshirt because she likes it," Noah made a feeble attempt at defending us while I just kept quiet because the harm was already done.

"No, it's not out of nowhere. Syd wouldn't need to borrow, she has tens of them stacked up. Also, you hate coming to these dinners and this time you said yes before we asked you. You offered to go pick her up and you're smiling so there's definitely something going on," Ally said triumphantly. "And Scar, you're not reacting at all which means you already know about this, don't you?"

Scar looked at Ally apologetically and Ally shrugged it off with a smile.

"You girls are impossible," Noah rolled his eyes. We all entered the restaurant and took our places. "Anyway, I'm glad all of you know. At least now I won't have to act like nothing is going on."

"Yeah. You didn't even act like that when there was actually nothing going on," Scar mocked.

"Both of you don't seem shocked at all," I told Ally and Chase.

"Because we knew it was gonna happen. It was only a question of when," Chase said.

"He's right. You both have some weird sort of magnetic attraction towards each other, it's very obvious," Ally said, opening the menu.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure only you guys notice that because we hang out all the time," I replied, taking a sip of water.

"Actually, it's not just us. I was gonna tell you this, Syd but I completely forgot. Austin came to me a few days ago and he asked me if you were dating. I asked him why he was asking and he told me he wanted to ask you out," I entwined my fingers with Noah as Chase told us this.