Eunoia

Eunoia; beautiful thinking; a well mind.

C H A P T E R    T H I R T Y - T H R E E 

I definitely started crying after that statement of his, if I wasn't already. My roommate rushed into the empty classroom that contained me and my silent tears after Matt had left. The way her feet worked briskly to reach me, I knew she had heard my conversation with him. She didn't say a word and put her arms around me and the speed at which my tears made their way out increased two folds. She sighed as my tears gave way to the dampness that now resided on the shoulder region of her black colored blouse. 

She brought me to the cafe, and I knew that at this time, most of the people I had come to call my friends didn't have classes. I despairingly hoped that the green-eyed boy who stole most of my time wouldn't be there. Mainly because of two reasons, my face looked like a more significant waste than my life was and let's not even talk about the hair. And two, because if he came to know what happened, Matt probably would end up on a hospital bed. 

But the moment I stepped in, I heard the bodacious sound of his laughter as I saw him slap Chase on the shoulder jokingly. Ally was the first one to notice us, and I closed my eyes because I had a pretty great idea about the kind of reactions that were about to follow. She ran towards us.

"What happened to you?" Ally asked, her voice was hyped up.

I put off the task of answering her as my eyes were transfixed on a particular boy. The moment Noah heard her and turned around, the beautiful smile on his face ceased. The emotion on his face drained quickly as he locked his still gleaming green eyes with my lowering with tears hazel ones. He left his seat and caught his position by my side.

Well, shit.

"S, what's wrong?" he caught my forearms gently and turned his vision to Scarlett the next moment, hopeful for an answer. "Scar, why is she crying? What the hell happened?"

"She talked to Matt," Scar sighed deeply as she looked at her cousin.

"And it did not go well," I scoffed faintly and Noah turned to me.

I saw his jaw clench. "Damn and I was here thinking he's gonna enter any minute now to pop a bottle of champagne to celebrate the initiation of our relationship," he directed his sarcasm towards me.

Jay smacked him on the head. "Don't be an asshole."

Noah exhaled his breath from his mouth profoundly. "I'm sorry. But precious, I told you to take me along," he said, genuinely meaning his apology.

"Oh trust me, after what I heard you did not want to be there," Scar gave out a short laugh.

"Can you stop building up suspense and tell us what the hell he said?" Ally said, a little annoyed.

Everyone grabbed a chair; eagerness was very evident on their somewhat worried faces. I opted to keep quiet and let Scarlett do the honors. She didn't leave anything out, like, not a single time. It's almost as if she repeated Matt's words. I did not care about anyone else's reaction as much as Noah's. There's no way I could talk to him in front of everyone. As soon as Scar finished, I caught Noah's hand, and he looked enraged.

"Noah, you mind walking me to my next class?" I asked him with a slight smile.

"What?" he said, barely getting any time to react.

I saw Scar give me an understanding nod. "Would you just go with her?"

I pulled him along with me as I exited the cafe. He looked at me, waiting for me to speak because he knew I hadn't gotten him out of there for the sole purpose of walking me to class.