John Deacon - Dread

Request from ThatOneDorkJJ
Prompt: "You're an idiot if you think that I don't love you"
Also, they asked me to include the name Eva rather than my usual (Y/N), this is an opinion when I write a request for you:)

-

Depression ran in John's family. He knew it and so did she. That had never kept her away though. Even on his bad days, she was there. But it was getting worse.

John, who enjoyed his fast lifestyle and playing with his world famous band, could hardly bring himself to do anything anymore. He couldn't even pick up his bass. Why do a concert? It's just the same songs every time anyway. Why cook a meal? It just creates a mess you have to clean up. Why make the bed? You're only gonna get it when you feel like shit later on. Eva began to notice when he wouldn't start his day until two in the afternoon. Only to eat cereal, watch telly and then go back to sleep. She would suggest going out or doing literally anything to get him out of bed. That used to be met with excuses. Then it just became a groan. Then he stopped replying all together.

She would finish work an hour early to go and lay with him, just to be by his side while he was awake. Eva did everything for him. He was convinced he even wouldn't eat if she wasn't there. John knew that there was a timer set on how much she could bare. Eventually she would leave. Of course he didn't want her to. He was in love with her. They were supposed to spend the rest of their lives together but it wasn't much of a life that they were living.

She'd come home, dressed nicely but still looking a little worn out from work. He heard the bedroom door and felt the light pour into the room as she dragged open the curtains.

John made a noise of protest and turned over.

"Hi," She got no reply. "John?" her voice was quiet and broke a little as she attempted to grab his attention.

"Yeah?"

"Hi." She repeated, and smiled a little.

"Hi?" He replied with a clear irritation and a snappy tone.

She looked at the bunch of blankets that John was under, wondering what she could possibly say to engage him. It was getting harder and harder to. He never seemed to even want to talk to her anymore.

"So, if you want, we could get fish and chips for dinner?" Eva couldn't see his face because it was buried in the pillows but she could tell he had little to no reaction. "John, please,"
she practically begged as she took a seat on her side of the bed. There was no response for a second and then he sighed. He just sighed and screwed his eyes closed, feeling sorry for himself. "I can't keep doing this, It's like i'm in love with a brick wall; there is no response. There's nothing. I understand what you're feeling but-"

"No, you don't." His voice was ever so slightly louder now and stung as he sat up in bed. This was the most engaged he'd been all week and it was going to be in an argument? That wasn't what she wanted.

Her face burned.

"Alright. Alright, no I don't, but I know how it effects you-"

"And how's that exactly?" John pushed himself up from the bed. The man brushed past her and closed the curtains she had just opened. He was still dressed in clothes from yesterday which hung off his thinning body due to the nutrition he was lacking. It was his tone that made her wince the most though, he spoke as if he didn't even like her, let alone love her.

"John, I'm not trying to make an argument out of this, I just want you to acknowledge me." Eva strained.

"I did." He shook his head slightly and rubbed his tired eyes. Eva let out a quiet sigh as she watched John's every move.