MTM.20

pick and choose, alpha or luna?

"Emery?" Dad called out again, his voice louder and more hesitant the second time. His confusion sounded almost like a question, asking, 'Are you still up there or am I talking to no one?' I wish I could have said no, that I've climbed out the window.

Sounds realistic to me.

"I'm-I'm coming, Dad!" Instead of doing what I wanted to do, as in ignoring him and hiding under the bed, I assured him that I was on my way down. Just before I left the comfort of my wonderful, cozy and safe bedroom- honestly, why do I ever leave it? I started looking around for something long enough to cover my pajamas. The old tunic? Definitely not. My own robe? Nope. Ah, my long raincoat. Perfect. Swiftly, I grabbed the coat and threw it on. It was light yellow and went well past my knees.

Viviana would be very disappointed in my choice of fashion if she witnessed this.

Running down the stairs, my feet pounded harshly against the steps as I rushed to get to the front door. I hope it's Johnny, or Viviana, or even Max. Oh, sugar, I hope it's not who I'm thinking. My fingers crossed on their own.

Once I got to the foot of the staircase, I instantly looked towards my dad's back. Not wanting to see anyone else. My dad wasn't tense, but he never was, he was always very calm. As if he never got hurt. But, I knew better than to believe the wall he built around him.

The guy in front of him, on the other hand, had his shoulders held so high that I was convinced he was a robot. But, I settled for a very well trained ex-Alpha. However, I could practically feel his nervous energy floating around in the air, which was odd to see coming from someone who usually looked so composed. It was so strong that I had almost combined it with mine, but he was no match for me. In my heart, I knew. I'm the most worried of them all.

I wanted to listen to Viviana. 'Loosen up, Em,' she would tell me, 'you're not a scaredy cat, are you?' Well, as a matter of fact, Viv, I am.

And, right now I'm terrified.

On a better note, it wasn't Morpheus, and it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I realized that. It was easy to tell, his hair was too light and he was smaller than Morpheus. Of course, it didn't feel like him either, the hair on my arms did not stand up and my mind did not go cloudy. Morpheus would command the room. And, as much as I hated to admit it, there was a connection between us that lit my heart up with excitement. My dad turned to look at me as I took a step closer towards them and as soon as I was close enough he took a step to successfully move out of the way from my so called visitor. It was not Morpheus, but it was his lap dog.

A little mean, Emery. What has Leo ever done to you?

"Hello, Beta Leo," I spoke respectfully, this was normal for me whenever I visited the pack house, but the usual greeting was once Alpha. I wondered, how does it feel to be demoted like that?

Leo nodded with a small grin, a nice gesture, "I am deeply sorry for the intrusion, but I came here for a reason. If you don't mind, I must speak with you both regarding something of importance." My smile faded.

No, not this.

My dad stood there, the marker not quite washed off yet just enough to pass it off as irritated skin, red from the weather, perhaps? And, then there was Leo, hovering in the doorway as he waited impatiently to be invited in. Of course, my dad just had to act on his polite instinct. He hated trouble. It was easier to bite his tongue and let things play out naturally.