When You Can't Sleep

(Requested by sunshinejjk)

I finally arrived back from another date with my dual-haired boyfriend and today was fun and surprising.

He took me to a ferry boat in Tokyo that is a restaurant and you can book a small boat travel to anywhere but we are not going to do that today.

We only had a nice dinner by the sea and he chose a great spot too where I can see the stars twinkling above us.

Anyways, I stretched and closed my dorm room door before I could go to the bathroom to prepare for bed.

...

I turned off my table lamp and finally got in the bed covers but the moment I turned on my phone, a message notification popped out in my lock screen.

» Shoto❄🔥 : "Have a good night's sleep, my love"

I smiled when I saw Todoroki's sweet text message and immediately clicked on the notification so I can reply to his text on my message app.

« Me »

"Thanks and same to you, Shoto <3"
10:00pm
Sent

I smiled and placed my phone on my bedroom end table next to me before getting myself comfortable in bed but-

*bzzt*

I can hear my phone vibrating from the end table and quickly grabbed it before viewing the message.

« Shoto❄🔥»

"I will and I love you"
10:02pm
Read

« Me »

"I love you too, my Todo~"
10:03pm
Sent

I giggled after sending my reply and in split second, I received another reply from my boyfriend.

« Shoto❄🔥»

"No, I love you more, my love. Sleep tight, we can have a movie marathon in the common room tomorrow if you like - just the two of us"
10:03pm
Read

I smiled widely and started rolling over a bit on my bed with excitement but I'm trying my best not to squeal here.

Better save my energy for tomorrow then.

Finally, I put my phone back on the end table and hugged the alpaca that I got from Todoroki before closing my eyes.

TIME SKIP (Time check : 12:00am)

"Aghh..."

For some reason, I can't seem to fall asleep until now and every time I change sleeping position, I still can't.

I didn't drink brewed coffee, watch a horror movie or anything at all and yet I'm wondering myself why I can't at the moment.

I sighed and grumbled into my alpaca plush so without hesitation, I got up and decided to go downstairs for a glass of warm milk.

...

I carefully walked towards the kitchen since it's very late and turned on the lights.

Doing this gimmick sure does bring back some memories.

When I saw still in elementary, I couldn't sleep at all one night and had to sneak quietly like a ninja since I might wake my parents up.

But this time, it's not just my parents but my friends and classmates in one roof.

Just when I was about to reach dining area -

"(Y/N)?"

"Ekk-"

I covered my mouth from causing a ruckus and when I turned to see who it was, it was only Todoroki but wearing his sleeping outfit.

"S-Shoto!", I whispered with relief and sighed, "Goodness, you scared me!".

"My apologies", he said and carefully walked towards me, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night? I thought you would be asleep by now".

I smiled awkwardly and simply replied, "Well, I can't sleep".

He raised a brow and said, "Really? You didn't read something scary on the internet, did you?".

I shook my head and fixed hair, "N-No, of course not!".

"I see", he replied and looked at the wall clock from the common room, "So you tried to fall asleep for an hour but couldn't, huh?".

I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah, it was frustrating but no worries now because I'm going to make some warm milk to put me to sleep-"

"Wait, I have an idea"

He interrupted me and carried me bridal style which made my heart skip a beat.

"W-W-What are you doing?!", I exclaimed quietly and noticed that he's walking towards the girl's dorm elevator, "T-That's the girls dor-"

He shushed me by slamming his lips against mine and I automatically kissed back since his lips were irrisistable and soft.

"I'm going to sleep with you"

"E-Eh?"

For real, in the middle of the night?! Not to mention he said with a straight face and with pinch of seriousness.

"Isn't it late though?", I said softly with a hint of worry, "And you looked like you're about to go back to your room".

"I was but until I saw you I changed my mind", he said and booped my nose, "It's just for one night anyway and I think I'll be able to sleep well".

"Let me guess, you can't sleep too?", I asked and raised a brow.

He shook his head and kissed the top of my forehead.

"I just came here to have a glass of water", he said and placed his finger on my lips, "Let's just go to your room and I'll help you get some sleep".

I slowly smiled and began to relax in his arms while Todoroki sneaked into the girl's dorm.

...

"Are you comfortable?"

I nodded after he got himself comfortable on my bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah, and it's warm too, hehe", I replied and kissed the top of his nose.

He smiled softly at me and nuzzled his nose against mine.

"That's great to hear", he replied and caressed my cheek, "Just close your eyes and cuddle against me".

I nodded and hugged into his broad chest.

He gently brushed my hair and placed warm kisses on top of my head.

"Sweet dreams, my love"

With that, after hearing those words and relaxing into his warm and protective embrace, I finally managed to fall asleep including him.