twenty six

/THIRD PERSON POV/

There were several things the Alpha disliked. She disliked people chewing with their mouths opened, the heat of summer, the color purple and pink—she thought they were childish, uncomfortable clothes, unnecessary and prolonged conversation, fetid scent and slow people.

And then, there were several other things she despised with all the fibers inside her. She hated loud, obnoxious noises, noisy people and packed rooms, people invading her privacy, and the unsafety and uncertainty of the people she cared about.

The two suspicious men were basically crossing the dangerous lines of two of her most hated situations. They were inside her territory, looking as incredulous as ever standing in front of Jennie's apartment building—and had managed to knock on it thrice. Second, they were basically threatening Jennie's safety and Lisa was so not going to tolerate that. She didn't have the word tolerate in her dictionary whenever it came to this shit.

So, be left with no choice but to protect, Lisa growled and charged at full-speed.

The two men, who were now as panicked as ever, snapped their heads towards the sound of Lisa's boots echoing against the pavement. They were much too late to even think about running away, because now that the Alpha had seen them, they knew better than to be left alive and well.

They had no choice but to fight for their lives.

Lisa leaped forward and swung her left foot to step on the redhead's chest only to kick his chin upward with her left foot. She landed on the ground after doing a whole backflip, while the redhead was already on the ground a few steps away with his jaw probably misplaced.

The brunette gulped in panic and even though cowered in fear and hesitation, he tried his luck and punched Lisa square in the cheekbones, then kicked Lisa's lower stomach. When Lisa ducked down, he kneed Lisa's face until she stumbled back a few steps.

He immediately felt good about himself, knowing he had just struck three combos on the Alpha, and both his confidence and adrenaline increased.

Lisa smirked with a bleeding cut on her lower lip and a scratch on her left cheekbone.

She had been among people like him ever since she was a teenager, she knew how their mind worked. He would absolutely felt high on overconfidence that he'd decrease his awareness of his surroundings. Lisa hadn't let him kick and beat her for nothing, she knew what she was doing, and she was definitely winning the game the brunette had started.

She swiped her thumb over the cut on her lip and sucked it in her mouth, tasting her own blood with her eyes directly focused on him. She smiled, a smile that you would see on a psychopath's face when they're about to torture someone, and walked calmly towards him—making sure every of her step was counted.

He grunted impatiently and approached Lisa. He—stupidly, repeated his moves. He aimed his fist on her face only for her to dodge it easily. She then grabbed his wrist and shoulder to twist his hand one-eighty degrees until he, along with his bones, screamed in pain.

She kicked the back of his ankle, making him fell flat on the ground with a loud thud. Like the pain she had given him wasn't close to enough, Lisa kicked his ribs with such force that she could even hear the bones cracking. He, again, screamed in fear and pain. She growled angrily, her ears were strained with his ugly-ass screech.