Chapter twenty-seven

Grooming tools depicted above

ANNALISE POV

The golden encrusted brush gently rakes through my blonde locks, it's handle being controlled by the well trusted hair dresser. I watch through the older golden encrusted mirror that rests in my hand, as both that brush and the comb work together to obtain the desired elegant wedding hairstyle.

So many thoughts are racing through my now apprehensive mind. In just mere hours I would be wed in front of all of Florenia. I will become another ruler to them, a sacred queen. Someone they look up to for guidance, acceptance, and mercy.

My role was to be to balance out my demanding, domineering kings. I was the missing puzzle piece, and alas they've found me. I was to be added on tonight, my fate sealed for eternity.

I can not deny that I am not just utterly filled with joy. My mind weighs heavy right now, as every brides mind does on their wedding day. Though I suppose mine is a much different weight.

I carry the burden of knowing my own mother and father will not attend this ceremony, nor will they even know of it.

I carry the burden of not having my dream wedding, the one that I had planned with my best friend, Carmen, as most teenage girls do. She won't be there as my maid of honor, nor will my father be there to walk me down the isle.

Though my mind weighs heavy on the out of the norm circumstances, my heart is swelled different emotions. Ones of happiness, endearment, and acceptance.

I was happy to know that I was my kings forever girl, the one they're to spend the rest of their existence with. Which is forever, our love will be immortal, everlasting.

I felt the touch of endearment due to the fact that they had chosen me. The relationship has been filled with the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. Some may say that I developed stolckholm syndrome, that my age means that I am unable to truly comprehend the concept real love.

Yet I disagree with them. If you presented me with the option of continuing my life as it is now in this very moment, or going back to the ways of my past normal teenage life I would simply laugh. The thought that I would ever want to return to how things were would be comical.

I know that I am destined to be with them forever. I haven't accepted it, but I have fallen in love knowing that this is the way it shall always be.

My thoughts of acceptance aren't what you'd expect in the least. They stream from the castles other residents, and the majority of Florenia's subjects. I have been accepted into this culture, and I soon hope that does mean eternity.

I soon hope that by tonight, on the beginning of our honey moon, I will be forever theirs. In a literal way. I want them to turn me into the same being they are, to seal my fate.

"Your highness?" The sound of the hairdressers voice breaks my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I hum slightly startled, turning my focus point to her.

"It's time for the dress, would you please follow Mrs.Alice to your closet?" She asks me softly.

I smile at her tone before responding,"Of course. Thank you so much for doing my hair so wonderfully, it matches the makeup look perfectly."

Her face turns to an expression of pride before nodding at me and excusing herself.

I get out of my chair and make my way over to the dress tailor, Mrs.Alice, and into the closet doors. My eyes light up as I see my gown. Of course I had seen it before, but this time it was different. My emotions were different.