Chapter 29

Sidney

I was alerted to someone's approach by the sound of low growls from both my pets, and I flicked my ears up at the sound of footsteps. "Hey Sid." His tone was low but gentle as I slowly opened my eyes to stare back up at Beck who I noticed was holding my backpack. "I've got some clothes in here for you, I think the others are ready to get started on discussing everything that happened." He murmured out as I stood and stretched a little, the ache in my wounds was a lot less irritating now.

 "Thanks, Sweetness." I linked to him specifically as I gently took the strap of the bag in my teeth, lifting it out of his outstretched hand. "No problem, see you in a bit Sweet Cheeks." I huffed slightly before I nodded to him and headed for the upstairs bathroom to change, Tyson and Ollie refusing to let me out of their sights followed close behind. I shifted and changed as quickly as possible, I was surprised that Beck had chosen some of my favorite and most comfortable clothes. 

"Alright you two I guess it's time to face the music, just remember to stay away from Simon or they'll kick us out." I murmured at my pets. I mean if they wanted to kick my pets out they would have to kick me out too, I wasn't leaving them to worry over me. I found the pack of young males seated in the dinning room and I took up the only empty chair between Colton and Micah, the latter was grinning like an idiot at the rest of the boys. "So what do we want to talk about first?" I addressed the alpha at the head of the table as silence reigned in waiting for his response.

 "Start from the beginning and we'll go through everything that has happened today, Sidney you first." Bowen glanced around to his pack before nodding to me. "I woke up and did my usual morning routine before I brought Tyson and Ollie to work with me and put them in with Spartan to play. Once I knew they were good I got to work on the morning feedings, and then Streaks showed up." I state clearly, sending him a quick glance before continuing. "The squirrels were scheduled for release so I helped him get them in the transport cages and loaded before we drove to a good release sight for them." I could see Micah wanting to voice a most likely perverted comeback to my words but Bowen's stern frown kept him silent, for now.

 "We let them go and were loading the empty cages back up when I suddenly had a feeling that something wasn't right." I frown slightly, uncertain how to explain exactly what I mean. "What do you mean you had a feeling?" Colton seems curious. "It's hard to describe but it's just instinct to me, I can feel something is out of place or not right and it makes me uneasy, even if I don't know what that 'something' is right away. It's just that I get a bad feeling and it puts me on edge, basically preparing me for fight or flight even though I don't know what I'm up against." I puzzle out to them as they listen intently to me.

 "How long have you had this sort of sixth sense for danger?" Simon wonders aloud, drawing my attention. "For as long as I can remember really, it could be something as simple as someone waiting to pull a scare prank on me or as serious as a pack waiting to kill me. At first I didn't understand it until I realized that every time I felt that way bad things happened to me or to someone close to me, my instincts didn't lie and I learned to use them to my advantage." I state with a glance around the table. "She did ask me if I felt anything or if anything seemed off but at that time I thought she was just being crazy, no offense CG." Gavin muttered softly. "None taken, I get that a lot." I shrugged back honestly.

 "Alright little wolf I believe you, now what happened next?" Bowen encouraged me to continue. "Well on the way back the closer we got to the sanctuary the stronger the uneasy feeling got, I rolled down my window to get some air and that was when we smelled the rogues. I identified that there were three and that they most likely thought they had three to one odds on Gavin since I don't leave any scent lingering like you boys do." I hummed out softly. "Are you saying we stink?" Micah asked incredulously.