Burn The Dead

Amara's POV

We gathered just outside the walls of Winterfell in order to burn the bodies of the fallen .

I felt a tear slip down my face as I thought of how Theon gave up his life to protect Bran and I and how he did the right thing in the end .

I looked Jon's way as he began to speak

"We are here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters ! To our fathers and mothers ! To our friends . Men and women who set aside there differences to fight together and die together ! Everyone in this world owes them a dept that can never be repayed ! It is our duty and our honor to keep them alive in memory ! For as long as men draw breath ! With the shields that guarded all men and there light we will never see again"

I watched in sadness as the dead burned with the smoke rising sky high .

**************

After a toast of the victory of Winterfell I discovered that Daenerys and her army was marching south to Kings Landing to make a deal with Cersei and if she doesn't accept she dies .

As I found out the news I knew I had to make my way back to Kings Landing to protect the woman I love .

Arya had already began to head off to wherever with Sandor Clegane but something inside me told me I wouldn't see much more of my family after this .

*************

I eventually found Sansa on one of the walkways that looks down onto Winterfell .

"Sansa ? I have to go"

Sansa turned around to look my way .

"You've only just got here why would you have to go ?"

"Daenerys plans to ride south at dawn and we both know Cersei won't agree with her terms"

"So your going to go and protect her even though Daenerys Targaryen has 2 dragons"

"I would go just to die with her"

"And nothing is going to change your mind ?"

"No it isn't . This will probably be the last time you ever see me"

"You're going to die"

"Most likely"

Sansa embraced me in a hug to which I returned as I noticed a tear or two slip out of her eyes .

"Thank you for everything Amara"

I nodded .

******************

I took one last look at Winterfell as I began to ride towards Kings Landing .