TWELVE: I'LL DO IT

Chapter Twelve: I'll Do It
"Don't shoot to kill."

•

The group ended up going to Hopper's cabin, a new plan formed. Eleven would try to find Billy, Heather or Mrs Briscoll in the void, and from there would see where they are based on conversations and surroundings.

Eleven had gone into her bedroom, leaving everyone outside as she tried her hardest to find them, they were all lounging around. Eve was lying on an armchair that she assumed hopper often used, her eyes closed and her body curled in on itself as she tried to sleep. Max couldn't help but stare at her; if she hadn't done something incredibly stupid, she'd be holding the girl in that moment, but no, Eve was alone and trying to get a little bit of sleep.

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long," Mike speaks up loudly as he paced the small area, making Eve move in her seat an grumble out a response.

"How long has it been?" She asks him as she rubs her eyes, but stays in her curled up position, not wanting to face the reality that she can't sleep away her problems.

"Half an hour," He responds to Eve, making her freeze for a second before sitting up straighter in the chair.

"Mike, you need to relax," Max told him, rolling her eyes as she hugged her knees from where she was sat.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike asks them, pacing up and down the small area of the outside of El's room. It was cute how much he cared about her in most situations, but in that moment it was just annoying.

"Oh, shit," Lucas says, worry in his tone, "Is that, like, a real thing?"

"No, it's not," Max tells him as Eve grabs her chocolate milk she stole from the fridge, "Mike made it up. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."

"Oh, and you do?" Mike asks exasperatedly.

"No, I trust El to know her limits," Max argues back, Eve just turns over and puts her head under the pillow behind her, trying to go back to sleep.

But that wasn't allowed apparrently as Mike and Max continued to argue, until Mike grabbed Eve's arm and yanked her out of her seat.

"Hey!" Eve shouted at him, making him lose his grip, "Don't just grab me, asshole, I was trying to sleep!"

Mike just rolled his eyes as Eve sat at the kitchen counter. The whole group there minus Eleven.

"Can you guys settle an argument for us?" Max asks  the group, gestuing to herself and Mike, "Who do you think should decide El's limits, Mike or Eleven?"

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit," Mike snaps at Max, angry about the whole situation.

"It's not bullshit Mike," Max shouts back at him, "This is your whole problem, and it's also precisely the reason she dumped your ass."

"Yeah! Because she is conspiring against me," Mike says gesturing to Max, "She's corrupting her!"

"No, enlightening her," Max disagrees with Mike, "The fact is shes not yours. She's her own person fully capable of making her own decisions."

"She's risking her life for no reason," Mike shouts back.

"For no reason?" Nancy cuts in to their argument, "Mike, the flayed are out thee doing god knows what!"

"Killong, flaying..." Lucas begins to list, agreeing with Nancy.

"Transforming into monsters," Will adds.

"And El's not stupid," Nancy tells Mike, "She knows her abilities better than any of us."

"Exactly," Max praises nancy, "Thank you!"

"And she is her own person," Nancy continues, "With her own free will."

"Exactly," Max says, "El has saved the world twice, and Mike still won't trust her."

That set Mike off, his anger growing as he shouted, "You wanna talk about trust? Really? After you made Eleven spy on us?"

"That was Eve's idea, not mine," Max shouts at him.

"Wait what?" Lucas says as they all look at Eve, who had her head against the desk.

"They used El's powers to spy on us," Mike tells him.

"No, no, no, We didn't make her-" Max starts before Eve cuts in.

"Why are we even talking about this?" She yells, "We were joking around, nothing deeper!"

"Wouldn't it of been so funny if I was taking a massive shit or something?" Mike shouts at them both.

"You weren't," Max argues.

"But what if I was?" Mike argues back

"Then gross!" Max says.

"Seriously Mike?" Nancy asks, rubbing her forehead.

"I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless Max is with Eleven's powers," Mike tells nancy, "In fct how careless all of you are! You're treating her like some kind of machine when shes not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed when they've obviously vannished off the face of the earth-"

"What if El can't find them because the Mind Flayer won't let her?" Eve suddenly realises, a light bulb going on in her head, "Because she's not attached."

"What, so you wanna do it instead?" Max suddenly asks, Mike looking over at Eve in question too. Eve was a difficult one, because they were both protective of her.

"Yeah," Eve says, "I'm connected to them."

"Nope," Mike says as Max says, "Absoutely not!"

"What were you two just fighting about?" Eve snaps at them, "Stop acting like you both know better than everyone else when you both know basically nothing about the severity of the situation!"

"What's going on?" Eleven asks, coming out of her room.

"Nothing, just a family discussion," Lucas says to her, making her nod.

"I can't find them," Eleven says to the group. Eve sighs and gets up.

"Told you assholes," She says to the two, before turning to Eleven, "Let me have a go."

A/N
Next chapter made me cry writing it be warned