"Are we, erm, having a moment?"

MARINETTE'S POV

"Okay class, you are dismissed!"

I let out a relieved sigh. Finally. Lunch time.

As I join my friends in our usual spot, the time whizzes. Nino plays one of his playlists, Brandon and Adrien are fighting, and Erin, Hayley and I sit and talk.

"Alya, what are you doing?" Hayley turns to my bestfriend, who has just yeeted her phone onto the grass in frustration.

Alya looks back at us as the whole group stares at her.

I decide to speak up, "guys, its Alya. What do you think she's doing?"

"Stalking Ladybug and Chat Noir," Nino answers, before rolling his eyes as Alya gently punches him.

"Girl, you need to calm down. They're ordinary humans too!" Hayley says, picking up Alya's phone and examining the screen.

"Yeah, Hayles is right. They're probably busier than us," Erin shudders at the thought of working so much.

Touche, is what I think.

I notice Brandon staring at Erin, "yeah! For all we know, they could be way older than us! They might even have had kids!"

His crush shakes her head, "Ladybug is in way too good shape or someone who's 'just had kids'"

I decide to add in to the conversation, just to make sure I've contributed so nobody gets suspicious, "don't be ridiculous! They definitely around our age!"

"Too true. Plus we should probably trust her, considering that she's FRIENDS with them. Just sayin,"

I roll my eyes at Alya's remark. She's still processing the fact that I am 'good friends' with Ladybug.

As I'm about to fire back, I notice Adrien staring at me intensely. Eventhough I've caught him, he carries on. I feel my cheeks burning. He smiles.

The rest of the day goes in a blur. It's been quite a decent day actually, and I'm making my way home from school when I see Avery beckoning me.

"Psst!"

I look behind me to make sure its actually directed to me. She rolls her eyes and nods. I decide to go and see what she wants. She grabs me by the wrist and pulls me through a maze of streets. I feel like aladdin weaving through the alleyways.

"Avery, wha-"

"Shut the fuck up, Marinette," she mutters.

"Where the hell are you taking me?"

She ignores me as I carry on repeating the same question. Eventually she lets go and my poor wrists are sore from her inch-long neon talons that dug into my skin. She shoves me further into the darkness, before saying

"I have nothing to do with this,"

"Do with what?" I am honestly so scared right now.

What if someone's found out my secret?

Lila emerges out of the shadows, and I can tell by the mischief playing in her eyes that I have just walked right into a bad situation.

"Hello, Marinette!" She is scarily-nice with an exaggerated cheer in her voice.

Who does she think she is? Cat Valentine?

"Hi Lila," I reply, taking a step back as she nears me.

"How are you?" She purrs, chesire-smile pasted on her face as I realise that I've backed away so much that I'm against a wall.

"No small talk, Lila! What do you want? Get it over and done with!"