Chapter 15

"Lucy?!" I yell, trying to not panic.

The only sound I get back are the many voices that along me yell her name.

Lucy have been missing all day. This morning when Lucy was supposed to walk me to school with Maxie, she didn't show up.

Sure, I got suspicious, but it's not like it's the first time it happened. I just comforted Maxie and shrugged it of.

But just about an hour ago, when school ended, Lucy was nowhere to be seen. But Maxie was. She told me that she hadn't seen Lucy all day.

That's why almost every animal in the forest are running around looking for the Alpha of the wolf pack.

Unfortunately without result. She's still gone, without a trace.

Sure, Lucy smells almost identical with the trees surrounding us, but her scent would have left something!

But no.

I continue to trot around in my wolf-form, careful to make as litte sounds as possible, if Lucy would try to cry for help.

Right now I don't know what to think. I constantly switch on and off from the purple soul-replica of the forest around me, but since basically all the animals are moving around in the forset it's yellow souls everywhere. No way I could spot Lucy in all this.

Suddenly, a branch snaps on my right. I immediately spin around and face whatever stands there with a growl.

One of the younger females of the wolf pack, Myie, whince at my reaction.

I stop the second I realize it's her.

"I...I'm sorry Samantha, I didn't mean to interupt you-"

"It's okay Myie." I interupt the rambling wolf. " Just... Warn me when you come next time?"

She nods quickly.

I don't know why I'm this tense. I shouldn't be this tense. But it's just that Lucy is gone and I want her to be found. It's just stressing to have a wolf pack without a leader. Mostly for the pack itself and that's Lucy well aware of as it's a rick not worth taken. But even with that in mind, Lucy disappears into thin air. I get a unease feeling about it all.

"I will Samantha. But... some of the pack's trackers have found a trace after Alpha Lucy, and I just thought that-.. That you might want to know since, you know- you are kind of in charge of the search and..." Myie rambles.

My head snap up at her as I realise what she's trying to say.

"Show me." I say shortly and she nods.

We take of between the trees, running through the small buches and leaping over fallen trees. Our paws don't make a sound on the soft forest floor as we run, but yells from other animals are still heard.

As we run I try to understand where we're running. We have passed the wolves's lake and the river is behind us, and I don't really recognize the surroundings. Sure, I know I've been here before, but I can't immediately conect the trees to a place. That means that I haven't been here too many times before.

It hits me like a punch to the guts.

We're heading into the werewolves area.

I feel how the protective side of me gets anxious.

That's not good. That's not good at all.

What have they done to her? The Alpha said that he didn't want to help the wolves anymore. Does that mean that he took Lucy as punishment?

I feel how I freak out, so I try to calm myself down.

Get your sh*t together, okay Sam?

Myie stops abruptly behind a bush and I stop slightly in front of her. Next to her stands the trackers, their worry radiating of them. They steal uncertain glances at me as I look at the Pack House through the branches of the bush. The sun leaves huge shadows on the grass around it, which makes it look a little more hostile than usual. A lot of werewolves are out in the clearing, playing football, drying laundry, talking and laughing. The sounds echo through my ears, and I annoy myself on them.

I let my eyes enter the sould replica just find that the house's full of orange-souls, unsurprisingly. But on a certain spot in the house, probably in one of the rooms, there is a yellow soul.

Lucy.

Without thinking I open up a mind link with her.

Immediately I fell how something is wrong. It feels like talking into a dead telephone line, where the other side has hanged up on you.

"Lucy!" I yell into her mind.

I get nothing in response.

My pulse increases quickly, no matter how hard I try to calm it down.

She's probably just asleep. Yes, that's how it is.

But I know Lucy. If she was captured, she wouldn't sleep for anything. She's a fighter. She would try to get out, no matter what or how many creatures that stood in her way.

This isn't right. Something isn't right here.

A growl escaped my tense jaw.

Lucy is unconscious. Knocked out.

Myie gives me a questioning look.

''Get Maakah and all the other bears. We need to get Lucy out of there.''

Myie and the other three trackers nod without hesitation, speeding off to get the animals we need.

----------

A/N:

Please don't kill me...?

Yeah, next chapter will come in not too long, approximately Thursday. Then I'll post as fast as I've got wi-fi.

Guess you'll have to wait a little longer between the chapters. Aww... Just when it begun to really get interesting #sorrynotsorry

Oh, and can someone please explain why chapter 13 has less reads than chapter 14, who has about twice as much? Da fudge?

Anyway... 'till Thursday,

//siggesisthedog