Part 34

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 25, Afternoon

I watched soundlessly as the clean water filled the marble bathtub. I didn't realize how much I took clean water for granted. The water looked so nice, I wanted to take a bath myself. But I knew It would be close to impossible. I have gotten most of my fatback-- and I have never been so thankful before-- But hygiene is very important. And believe me, I know that. Darcy sat on the edge and watched the bubbling water line rise.

All I was hoping was that Darcy wasn't going to be scared of the water like me. I can tell Michael has some serious issue's regarding the plane crash and everything. That has to seriously mess with your brain and I sadly expected that. I hate how eerily calm I've been lately. It's starting to freak me out.

"Go ahead and get in, I'm going to check on Michael. I'll be back soon. Also, leave your shirt on when you wash up, so I can come in and out." I told her and left the room before giving her all the supplies she needs. She was lucky she got all the new supplies that I couldn't use. I hated that I felt jealous of her getting to have a nice warm bath, of bubbly water. And it came panic attack free.

She had strawberry shampoo's, Vanilla conditioners and lavender smelling body washes. I practically yearned for those luxuries. I was afraid I'd never been able to take a hot bath again. Or shower but I know I wouldn't go down without a fight. I'd try and try again.

I walked into the second guest room where Michael was currently taking his bath. The plan for tonight was once I would get the kids to sleep, Darren and I would go out and look for Lucas. The only problem was that I hadn't exactly asked Darren yet...

But I planned to right away! But my number one priority right now is making sure Darcy and Michael are safe and comfortable. As hard as it is to not just run out there and scream for him.

I knocked lightly on the bathroom door Michael was behind. I stood there for a few seconds before I heard a soft. "Yes?"

"It's Meghan, May I come in?" I said loud enough for him to hear through the door. There was a pause on the other side before he answered again. "Yes."

The dark wooden door creaked open slowly and I peeked my head in. What I saw shocked me. Michael was sitting in the flat bath water with his over-sized wet T-shirt on. Red eyes and a few tears trailing down his cheeks. I stepped into the room alarmed. I shut it behind me with a click and went to his side. I knew it, silently suffering.

"Michael, what's wrong?" I said while wiping away his warm tears. He sniffled quietly and my heart hurt for him. He looked at me with his watery eyes and spoke. The sad thing about this was that I would have never known he was crying unless I didn't come in.

"What's not wrong Meghan?" Michael replied tonelessly.

"I'm sorry." Was all I said before moving over to the bath and pulling him into a hug. My blouse was getting wet but I didn't care. It was Ana's clothes anyways...

"You don't deserve this life. Your just a boy." I said quietly, mostly to myself. "I know. You don't either Meghan. Doesn't your family miss you?" Michael asked. My heart warmed at the memory of me and Taylor together. She was married now and probably really happy. Then I realized she probably thinks I am dead... I snapped out of my daze and answered him. "They probably do, Doesn't Your family miss you?" I said looking down at him. Nice question Meghan. You are so nice, bringing these memories back. Just lovely. Michael went tense and I knew I said something wrong here. "The only one who did was raped and is now alone."