Page 15

I opened my eyes to see the dark outline of trees.

And I'm back.

I sigh and look around, the other guy must be awake cause he ain't here. I should explore, to then I could show the guy what I find.

I climb from my sitting position to a standing position, I slightly wobble, making me remember how I woke up last time. To be careful I check my arms, I almost gasp when I see that their is less cuts.

Strange...

"Hey, what-- woah." The guy appears behind me, when I spin around to face him he catches glimpse of my arms.

"Its weird, I don't cut myself." I mumble, sliding down my (F/c) sweater sleeves. The guy must have heard because he seems to jump up, or seem happy?

"I was thinking, what if what we look like here is what or mental picture of ourselves are?" He says/questions.

"That would make sense. But you seem normal." I state, feeling some what comfortable around this guy.

"Maybe cause I want to be normal. Or s-something like that?" He seems to be stoic for the first part, then a little goofy in the second part.

I giggle, barely audible, and start smiling slighty. He seems to notice, and if I were to guess, his eyes widened. He relaxes a bit.

"W-what?" I stutter, people looking at me was weird but ok, but people staring made me straight up uncomfortable.

"You look cute when you smile." He declares.

My face decided why not explode right there, the brightest red you could imagine was painted onto my face. I plopped myself on the ground and covered my face, this way to embarrassing for me.

I never though death from embarrassment was possible till now.

"Woah." The guy seems amazed, I move my hands just enough to peek through and see what he's talking about. I gasp.

Fireflys dance everywhere, I don't know where they came from, but they are twinkling in all the shades of the stars. White, yellow, and everything in between.

I stand up, the guy seems amazed by them, and they seem interested in us. They swarm around us, flickering and twinkling. I breathe in, my smile is wide and I can't hide it.

"You would not believe your eyes,

If ten million fireflies

Lit up the world as I fell asleep," I sang quietly. The guy froze, then inhaled and started to sing along too.

"Cause they'd fill the open air

And leave teardrops everywhere

You think me rude, but I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet earth turns slowly" I glance at the guy, he seems relaxed and calm. I smile, and face the sky, closing my eyes.

"Its hard to say I rather be awake when I'm asleep

Cause everything is never as it seems"

The guy turns and looks at me, waving somewhat shyly, I wave back. We can both feel the tug of the real world trying to wake us up. The dream starts to fade, leaving me in my comfy bed at the mansion. At night I can visit the mystery dude again.

~~~~~~
Sorry that it's kinda short. I wanted to put the song in here, it's called 'Fireflies by Owl City'

Enjoy!!

~Jellyfish