Chapter 71 | Dodgy Sandwiches

Dear Olivia,
I knew you would want to know this because you are an utterly nosy and annoying sister. I felt like you ought to be told because you did, in your irritating way, help this happen. Yes, I am keeping you in suspense and yes, I am dragging this information out because I know you are incredibly impatient.

"Hurry up!" Olivia Potter whined at the letter that her brother had sent her, her finger dancing across the words on the parchment as she whispered it out loud, not capable of reading in her head as of yet.

Charlus' predictions were certainly right - she couldn't wait to find out what he was going to tell her and it was annoying her that her brother was taking forever to get to the point.

A few days ago, some events occurred that led me to finally kiss the girl that I was asking you advice about (though Merlin knows why I did that) and myself and Mia are now dating. For your small seven year old brain that may not understand that, she is my girlfriend. We are officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

Thought you oughta know, sis. Do me a favour and don't tell Mum or Dad yet, I'm going to write a letter to them shortly.

Cheers,
Charlus (your favourite brother) x

"YESSSS!" Olivia screamed once she had finally processed the contents of the letter, throwing it up into the air in her joy as she started jumping up and down on her bed, her little hands clapping together out of excitement as a huge grin spread across her face.

"FINALLY!" she squealed, leaping off her bed and dancing around her bedroom, her blonde plait swinging behind her and nearly whacking her in the face but she didn't care - Olivia was just so overjoyed that Charlus had finally snatched the girl he had had a crush on for so long.

Olivia may have only been seven but she knew what love was (she had great examples because Everleigh and Henry Potter were utterly and irrevocably in love and displayed it often) and she knew that it had taken far too long for Charlus to woo Euphemia, not that it mattered anymore because they were finally dating.

Of course, Olivia didn't know all of the complications behind Charlus and Mia's now budding romance but she was just simply so happy, blissfully unaware of all the troubles and prejudices that would now surround the couple, even if they had chosen not to go public with their relationship as of that moment.

Once she had managed to calm down enough (mostly because Henry, who was on his way to work, had shouted up for her to stop all of the noise), Olivia grabbed a piece of parchment, an ink pot and a quill, deliberating over what she was going to write back to her brother.

Sticking out her tongue to concentrate as she wrote slowly, Olivia managed to scribble something down in her messy, sprawling handwriting that seemed to be limited to only capital letters.

ᗪEᗩᖇ ᑕᕼᗩᖇᒪᑌᔕ,
                         I ᗩᗰ ᕼᗩᑭᑭY TO ᕼEᗩᖇ ᗩᗷOᑌT YOᑌ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗰIᗩ. IT TOOK YOᑌ ᗩ ᐯEᖇY ᒪOᑎG TIᗰE ᗩᑎᗪ I ᗩᗰ Gᒪᗩᗪ TᕼᗩT IT ᖴIᑎᗩᒪᒪY ᕼᗩᑭᑭEᑎEᗪ.

I ᗯIᒪᒪ ᑎOT TEᒪᒪ ᗰᑌᗰ Oᖇ ᗪᗩᗪ ᗷEᑕᗩᑌᔕE TᕼEᑎ I ᑕᗩᑎ ᑌᔕE TᕼIᔕ ᗩᔕ ᗷᒪᗩᑕKᗰᗩIᒪ ᖴOᖇ ᗯᕼEᑎ YOᑌ ᑕOᗰE ᕼOᗰE. YOᑌ ᗯIᒪᒪ ᗷE ᗰY ᔕᒪᗩᐯE ᗪᑌᖇIᑎG TᕼE ᔕᑌᗰᗰEᖇ Oᖇ EᒪᔕE I ᗯIᒪᒪ TEᒪᒪ ᗰᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᗩᗪ ᗩᗷOᑌT YOᑌ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗰIᗩ. ᗰᗯᕼᗩᕼᗩ ᕼᗩᕼᗩᕼᗩ!

ᑭᒪEᗩᔕE IᑎᖴOᖇᗰ ᗰIᗩ TᕼᗩT ᗰY ᗷᖇIᗪEᔕᗰᗩIᗪ ᗪᖇEᔕᔕ ᖴOᖇ YOᑌᖇ ᗯEᗪᗪIᑎG ᗯIᒪᒪ ᕼᗩᐯE TO ᗷE ᑭIᑎK Oᖇ EᒪᔕE I ᗯIᒪᒪ ᗷOYᑕOTT TᕼE ᗯEᗪᗪIᑎG ᗩᑎᗪ IT ᗯOᑎ'T ᗷE ᗩᔕ GOOᗪ ᗯITᕼOᑌT ᗰY ᗩᗰᗩᘔIᑎG ᑭᖇEᔕEᑎᑕE.