Chapter 17: Inebriated

Namjoon had expected this business deal to end bloody, but thanks to his negotiation skills, not only was the whole ordeal sorted without a blood bath, but it was also settled quickly...

He wanted to go back to his room to see Mirai, but going back on his word when he said he was leaving for business to come back like she had asked him to wasn't an option...

He couldn't let her control any of his actions, she had already too much power over him...

For his prides's sake, he would have to sleep in a guest room tonight.

He arrived at the manor and went straight to the kitchen to ask if Mirai had eaten already, just out of curiosity.

''Uhm... Well she did eat...'' the cook said, visibly uncomfortable.

''What happened?'' Namjoon asked, suddenly terrified. What stupid stunt had that girl pulled this time around?

''She asked for some wine... I don't know if it was a good idea, but she was pretty persuasive over the phone so I obliged... She picked some pretty expensive bottles... We poured them in plastic pitchers so she wouldn't break the glass bottles and try some reckless...''

''That's it? She just ordered some wine? Why did you look so worked up?'' Namjon asked, relieved.

''I'm afraid she might be slightly intoxicated...''

''It's no surprise, that girl has always been a light weight when it comes to drinking... I'll go check up on her...'' Namjoon said, half annoyed at the thought of Mirai getting drunk, half happy that he now had a reason to go and see her.

When he entered the door code he heard a loud thud from inside the room so he rushed inside to find the place a total mess and Mirai freshly fallen off of the desk chair, wine spilled over the oversized men shirt she was wearing as pajamais.

''Whatcha' doin' here? Weren't'cha supposed to let Mirai go insane on her own?'' Mirai slurred, while struggling to get up on the desk chair and pouring herself a new glass of wine since the one she was holding was now empty...

When she was drunk her Japanese accent came through and she spoke of herself in the third person, the same way she did as a child. Namjoon couldn't decide if it was funny or endearing. Probably a little of both...

''Put the wine down. You're drunk.'' Namjoon said while rubbing his temples.

''Pfff .... Mirai isn't drunk... You just jealous Mirai had a party without inviting youuu...'' the girl slurred while downing her glass in a failed attempt to prove how sober she was....

''Just how much did you drink?'' the man asked, shaking his head in disbelief.

''Just three...''

''You're in that state after three glasses of wine?''

''More like three bottles...'' the girl admitted sheepishly as she attempted to get up from the chair.

Her legs buckled under her weight and she fell to her knees. Namjoon barely had time to catch her so she wouldn't collapse on the floor face first. She held her hand up to her mouth.

''You're about to be sick aren't you?'' Namjoon grumbled while holding the drunk girl by the shoulders. ''I'll help you get to the bathroom...''

''Shut it... Don't touch Mirai... Mirai can walk alone...'' she said before pushing Namjoon's hands away and proceeding to crawl on all four in the direction of the bathroom.

Namjoon was trying really hard not to laugh at her cute drunken determination.

He scooped her up into his arms and she gave him a dark glare but abstained from any verbal protests as the man carried her to the bathroom.