Epilogue

• Dedicated to All The Badass Readers

Tanya walked through the terminals of the European airport making her way to the baggage claim with her two children, Chloe walking beside her, and Quinton sitting in the stroller. She found her luggage and rushed to find a taxi to take to the hotel she had booked for her and the children. The coronation was to be tonight, and she had decided last minute to attend, expecting the worst and the good to what was to come tonight.

When she had hailed a taxi in the front of the airport, she was driven to the hotel, when they received their room key, Tanya headed up the elevator with her children, and got ready to prepare for the night.

~*~

"I know mum, but it's been over a year, she does still send photographs of the lads, but... I truly don't believe she'll come tonight," Oliver said sadly as he sat in the visitation room with his mother Celeste.

Celeste looked at him with furrowed brows and let out a loud sigh before responding, she didn't understand the negatively he was expressing, he was so nervous to send out the special request invitation to her that he'd prolonged sending it, and excited to hear from her as soon as he did finally send it off for delivery, and now that he hadn't heard from her within the 6 days since he'd sent it he was becoming doubtful day by day.

"Maybe she didn't receive it," Oliver said before his mother could utter a word. "Maybe I should just call her and have a immediate flight ready for her and our children." He beamed with a bright grin.

"Oliver, your coronation is in 3 hours darling, she wouldn't make it. She'll show," She reassured even though she knew it wasn't likely for Tanya to show, after all Oliver had done, Celeste wasn't sure she'd even show if she were Tanya.

"I have a feeling she won't come, she loathes me mum. If I could take back what I did, I would in a heartbeat, but if I didn't marry Natalia, and if Tanya's parents never had been killed in the plane crash...we never would've crossed paths, and I don't think I'd know what it's like to actually be infatuated with a person before," He said shaking his head.

"True, it's true, but as of right now... you need to get back to Buckingham. I'll be watching your celebration on the tele, I'm proud of you son," She smiled. "You'll make a great ruler, your father may have seen like a generous and kind hearted man...but what people never knew... he was a selfish arsehole who only cared about himself wealth and power. It's not an easy life Oliver."

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows confused as he looked at his mother. "What are you getting at mum?"

"Just know...I did this all for you," She smiled taking his hand across the table and patting the back of it.

"Did-" He was about to ask.

" Well you must go now, supper is going to be served soon, and there surviving clam chowder, you know it's one of my favorite dishes," She rushed rising to her feet and walking to the door to show her son out.

Oliver sat for a bit longer before reluctantly rising up as well and walking towards the open door where his mother had opened it.

"I bid you adieu, my love," She smiled embracing Oliver and giving his cheek a kiss.

Oliver smiled down at his mother and kissed her forehead. He held onto her hands for a brief moment before making his exit. H[e was officially on his own now...Neither of his parents could hold his hand through life any longer, being in charge of not only the entire European monarchy but many others as well. He was bound to a lifetime of surprises especially the one to come tonight when Tanya makes her arrival.

~*~

"Sit still Quinton," Tanya whispered to her son as she sat him on her hip and Chloe was outside the church with the other children whose parents were invited to Oliver's coronation. She was awkwardly standing out of place watching the other people around conversing and enjoying themselves as she stood in a corner with her son in her long dark blue gown and baby bottle.