new edition(s)

yasmin

I held on to Kenya's hand as she shouted in pain. We been like this for about two hours now. The way she was squeezing my hand I really thought it was gon break.

In the beginning Kenya seemed fine. She swore up and down she was just happy to be meeting her baby boy but after the first hour hit, Kenya was cursing out the doctors, Jayo, me, and basically everything under the sun. I knew she ain't really mean it and that she was just in pain, so I ain't really mind her taking it out on me. But deadass, I ain't ever felt
like more of a baby daddy in my life.

It was most likely stress that led to the early delivery but the doctor assured us that everything was fine. Baby Isaiah was just fine.

Kalin and them were here already. Kalin was in the room with Alicia and the rest of them were situated in the waiting room.

"Your crowning hunny! Just keep pushing. If you reach down now you can feel the head" The doctor looked up with a smile on his face. He was an old white man. He was round with a white beard. He introduced himself as Dr.Cuevas but I know he was Santa in disguise.

And so, she did using the hand that wasn't attached to mine. She let out a chocked sob as her hand came in contact with some hair, "My baby not bald headed."

I laughed letting out a few tears myself, "Nah Ken he got a full head of hair for real."

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Jayo you owe me everything!" Kenya screamed at the top of her lungs as she looked to the ceiling.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized to the doctor.

"No need. I've heard it all." he laughed. "Just a big push now Kenya. He's almost here.

After minutes of groaning and cursing and screaming at the persistency of her unborn child, and alot of 'I can't do this. I can't do this!', Kenya pushed out a baby boy.

"Oh my god!" Kenya cried as they placed the crying baby boy into her hands. "Hi Isaiah."

"He's perfect." my heart swelled. I loved him already. "I should get the rest of em in here."

"Yeah—oh my god!" she gasped, throwing her head back.

The doctor was quick to grab the baby from her hands and hand him to me.

"What happened?" I looked around confused as the nurses began to move around, not paying me any mind. Baby Isaiah started crying as soon the doctor ripped him from Kenya's hands. I bounced him in my arms, trying to calm him. He wasn't liking me
one bit.

"Ow what the fuck! Why do I feel that pressure still?" Kenya yelled out.

"Baby number two is ready to go." The doctor smiled returning to his position at the end of Kenya's legs.

"Baby number what?" I turned to Kenya, she looked just as shocked as I did.

"You mean you didn't know you were having twins?" The doctor almost laughed.

"What-shit— sir they ain't tell me shit about no twins, I can't afford no twins right now." Kenya made a ball with her first, squeezing it. I was low key happy that Isiah was occupying my hands cause it would've been my hand breaking.

Kenya ain't even look that big to be carrying twins. And how she went to every single appointment and they ain't never said that. I was getting a headache just thinking about it. Now it wasn't finna be two new babies, but three.

I ain't really know the law all that well  but it sounded like a whole lawsuit to me.

"Welp, that's what you got hun." he shrugged. "Now give me a big push."