Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Bulgarian

There was a definite end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when Harry awoke next morning. Heavy rain was still splattering against the window as he got dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt; they would change into their school robes on the Hogwarts Express.(- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Page 158)

"You got everything packed? I don't want to really turn around last minute in this weather and I doubt Hedwig would want to be out in this weather either," Percy asked Harry as they eat their waffles, egg, and bacon.

"Yeah, I got everything. At least, anything I need for school wise, if I somehow forget something I'll send Hedwig when the storm clears up," Harry told Percy.

They were the only ones up right now, Remus was still in the woods out back because of the Full Moon the night before, Sirius was just sleeping the day away and had only mentioned to get him up when there was an hour left before they left to go to the station.

Seeing as they still had two hours remaining, father and son let Sirius sleep in more. "What are your plans before we leave?" Percy asked.

"I was thinking about double checking my homework. It's too bad Moony didn't get the DADA position again," Harry said with a small sigh.

"Yes well, Remus and Sirius both mentioned they didn't have the same teacher for DADA each year either, so I'm sure there's probably something wrong with the position."

"Like a curse?" Harry asked curiously.

"Probably. I don't know the logistics," Percy said with a shrug.

Harry looked thoughtful as he moved the eggs on his plate. "Did you want to see who would win in Mario Kart after I finish looking over my homework?"

"You're on."

-------------------------

Harry was used to getting onto platform nine and three-quarters by now. It was a simple matter of walking straight through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. The only tricky part was doing this in an unobtrusive way, so as to avoid attracting Muggle attention.

The Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts.(- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Page 163)

"Alright, be good. Stay out of trouble. Try not to die. If someone tries to kill you, you kill them first. Remember, health is more important than grades. Don't push yourself. Um, am I forgetting anything Remus?" Percy asked as he ran his hand through his son's hair in affection and some sadness.

Remus just sighed but had an affectionate look in his eyes. "What your father is trying to tell you, Harry, is to make sure you have fun and if anything seems weird to you, to owl us immediately. While we don't care about grades, do try to pass. Though, I doubt that would be overly difficult for you. Remember to take care of Regina and Lunar and value their opinion. Alright, be good," Remus said as he seemed to refrain from mother-henning Harry like Percy seemed to be doing. "Padfoot, anything else to add?"

"Remember to prank people. That's the most important thing," Sirius said with a serious expression but amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Padfoot!" Remus and Percy scolded at once while Percy was nodding his head, seemingly sadly.