Chapter 11

Ari wouldn't stop fidgeting. That much was obvious. Beta Jay, who by the way, found us was leading us back to my mates house. When he had found us, I had slightly begged and pleaded for him not to tell him but he shook his head giving me a sympathetic look before sending a cold glare at Ari. I had returned the same glare to him but he didn't see it or he did but wanted to ignore me.

We were being accompanied by two other guards who were on guard duty. I felt pretty embarrassed because whether or not I liked being the Alphas mate, I know I still have to act as a leader. And being caught was just plain embarrassing.

When Beta Jay mind linked my mate, I could feel his anger through the mind link. By the way Ari continuously fidgeted, I also knew she could feel his anger in powerful waves. And I felt extremely responsible for that. But my wolf was telling me it was manly Ari's fault.

As we neared his home, his scent became stronger by the second. I had to get a grip on myself seeing as I'm almost falling apart here. Even though we've had countless arguments, I felt as if this was going to be the worse one yet.

By the time the house came into view, I was scared out my wits. I did not know what to say to him that might get him to calm down. While I was in deep thought of what I could say, an angry growl startled me.

I glimpsed quickly at my seething mate who was standing in front of me. Why was I so quickly being thrown into the dump? I glanced at Jay for help but from one glance at him, I knew he wasn't planning on coming for my rescue.

"Why can't you behave yourself?!" I knew better than to answer him at this point. "You should know not to leave the borders!"

I was currently scratching my knuckles trying to forget about the people around me, but as I did this Alpha Thaddeus must have remembered. He turned to the Beta and the other guards. "You're all dismissed."

Without another word, they shuffled away trying to get away from the awkward atmosphere. Only Ari stayed behind though. And she was currently tugging nervously on her hair.

"Did you not just hear me? Leave, I will deal with you tomorrow," he didn't have to repeat himself because she was already squirming away.

Alpha Thaddeus' cold eyes glared daggers into my head, while I continued scratching my knuckles and staring at the ground.

"Dammit, what did I do to get a childish mate," he mumbled to himself. I snapped my head up to glare at him feeling my anger and blood rise up to the point where I thought I would explode.

"I'm being childish?!" I screamed earning another cold stone glare from him. I didn't care that we were still outside and that everyone must still be sleeping. He needed to hear me out this time."I'm being childish? Says the big angry Alpha who won't accept his mate!"

He clenched his fists stalking closer to me. Before he could slip his two cents in, I continued.

"You are the childish one here. You can't accept the fact that fate put us together! You can't change it, for goodness sake! Yes, I did something I wasn't suppose to do. Yes, I should have told you about it but I didn't. Because I wanted to actually do something!" I stopped there to collect my breath turning my back to him. I didn't want to look at him at all and see his reaction.

"If you want to do something then you can go help at the pack house; the cooks need some help."

Before thinking, I turned and with my palm out, almost slapped him, if my actions were faster. He gripped my wrist with his hand painfully digging into my skin. "Stop," I grit out through my clenched teeth. "Stop you're hurting me!"