Chapter 3

"What do you mean 'We're going to London'?" I raise a brow at my dad.

"That's exactly what I mean, Liam. The Alphas are required to have an annual meeting together. I usually go alone, I know, but Arina and Cameron are taking over my position really soon and I need them to get used to this. Plus it will be a great chance at finding your mate."

I stand up and begin to walk out of his office. "I don't want a mate."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do."

"You're going, Liam. Whether you like it or not. I recommend you start packing."

I slam the door.

———

Soon enough, I was in London with my family and Kyles family.

"And here are your room keys. Have a great night." The hotel receptionist handed everyone their own room keys besides mine.

"Uh, I had a spare room?" I hesitantly ask.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I forgot to mention that something went wrong with your room and you need to share with whoever has room 1682."

I just nod in understanding and look around at everyone. "Alright, who has room 1682? I'm sharing with you apparently."

They all look down at their cards and Easton raises his hand. "We do! You can take the spare bed."

Great.

———

I set my stuff down on the bed closest to the door.

"I'm going out." I make my way towards the door.

"Already? You just got here?" I hear Kyle.

I roll my eyes and close the door behind me, making sure I have a keycard with me.

I make my way to the elevator, and just as it's about to close, someone stops it with their hand so it opens back up again.

I sigh and look away from Kyle.

I wait awkwardly as the elevator goes down, playing the stupid music it's known for.

The door opens and I rush out. "Liam, wait." I hear Kyle call after me.

I quickly walk through the crowd of the crowded bar, and outside to the pool.

"Liam, I said wait!" He grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

I just look sadly at him. I can't do this with him anymore.

"Kyle, I said leave me alone. Your mate needs you back up at the room, so just go."

"No, I've been meaning to talk to you." He defends.

"Since when do you talk to me?" I snap.

He opens his mouth, but no words come out.

"Just go back to Easton, and go do something with him. You clearly want nothing to do with me."

"That's not true."

"Yes it is!" I practically shout. "You made that very clear in how you sent your letters."

I'm so glad the music out here by the pool was loud enough that people didn't seem to be listening at our argument.

"I didn't want to hurt you if I told you about who Easton really was." I can feel him getting frustrated.

"Goddess Kyle, I would have been fine if you just told me the truth! Sure it would have hurt, but I would've gotten over it and been happy for you, and you know that."