Chapter 88: The Underworld - Planning

"Song Wei Long, you conniving bastard! I'm going to kill you!!" Yelling with fists to the dark skies of the Underworld, I wage vengeance on the annoying Wei Long.

"I was so helpless..." I mope, hugging myself and weeping with no tears.

As usual, spirits turn to observe my unruly outbursts. I'm always like this when I get back.

I'm dead.
Again.

"Yang Zi Huo... "

This time... he really leveled up. Now as Yang Zi Huo, he rules the demon sect, Bleak Night. Feared by many and hated by the majority, the pugilist world is conquered by his reign.

I was taken in by him into his sect but not as a disciple or even a measly foot soldier. No, I was his maid. Having to wait on him hand and foot, just thinking about it makes my blood boil! If only I remembered my past lives with him, I would have given him a good beating. Well... not that I could have, he was much too strong.

Back in the Underworld, the dim sky and rocky walls enclosed the land of wandering souls. The river sparkles clearly, tempting us to swim, but we knew better.

I'm not looking forward to that smug Ji Nian. I mean what is he really even good for?! He never helps me with anything nor give me any good advice. And he's so mean, always so high and mighty!

"Back so soon?" He doesn't even look up at me. He's used to me coming and going. And he cannot stand me.

"Aw," I say nonchalantly and take a seat in front of his desk. Either side of us there were thousands of case managers meeting up with restless souls eager to go back and reincarnate.

"Let me guess... You met Wu Yi Huai?" He already knew what happened. I met that same guy and died because of him again. All because I'm stupid and fell in love with him.

"..."

"You! You! You make my life so hard!"

He starts to lecture me again. I seem to be the only problem soul he has. Most of his other souls have done well in their lives and their good deeds have rewarded him with material goods and life essence pills bestowed by the Underworld Lord.

"I can't get my promotion because of you..."

"How many times are you going to say that?"

"Until you can get it into your head to avoid Wu Yi Huai."

"Well, if I didn't have to drink the Tea of Forgetfulness then I wouldn't run into him."

"You know that's not allowed. Everyone has to drink it if they want to go back."

"Then you see why we have a problem!"

"Last time you were sure that you'd pound it into your brain to avoid him!"

"Maybe someone above your head is making us meet again by fate! You don't know who is above above your boss..."

"Ow, oh my neck," he dramatically reaches behind his neck and winces in pain. I'm also tired of seeing him each time I come back! Can't I get a new case manager? One with less flair to overreacting?

"Are you sure he's not my fated...?"

"If he was would you have died countless time as an unwed spinster?"

He— the nerve!

"Then how come my fated never appeared each time?!"

"I don't know... I really don't know..." he says as if he's given up.

"Whatever, what now?"

"You're going back."

"Wow, so quick?"

"Someone has been doing good deeds in your name. So many good deeds that you can go back in fifteen years."

I mean it's not three hundred.

"That's not bad."

"We had to extend another five years because you have a track record of ending your life early... ugh... so wasteful."

"Not like I do it on purpose!"

"If it was once then I would believe that, but no! It's been many times. Now go away! I don't want to see you until you come back all old and wrinkly!"

"Wait! So the good deeds that have been done in my name... which name?"

I've had at least four lifetimes now... which could it be?

Looking closer at his file, Ji Nian says, "Right here it's written, Luo Na Li."

Luo Na Li... the lifetime when I was sent to purgatory for my sins? Just who would do anything to rectify the dishonor I'd committed as a disciple of Crimson Snow Valley?

Pushing his files away, I argued, "I don't even care about finding a husband or lover, all right? I just want one lifetime to do everything I want. To be rich and beautiful. It's like I'm cursed! And you! You don't do anything! Know why you're not getting promoted? Because you're terrible at your job! You're not sympathetic, all you do is nag! And you even put him on my barred list and yet his face is still showing!"

"You! How can you say such mean words? You know, you're only one of my clients who went to Purgatory! I think you're the problem here."

"See? See? Blaming me again? Making me feel like I'm a total failure. Not comforting at all. I wonder how you treat your other clients!"

"You! You! Ah! I'm too tired to argue with you," he sighs. "But you're right, I'm not being courteous."

Oh?

"I did add him to your list. He hasn't died since your last lifetime, so the blocking of your fate has not activated. Once he dies and reincarnate, you will never see him again."

"What? So right now... Yang Zi Huo is Lu Kai from my past life?"

"Yes, he merely elevated his form of existence, but he's still the same person."

Of course, that was how it was. No wonder I met Lu Kai through Zi Huo's thoughts. He indeed was Lu Kai.

Honestly, it was nice to see Lu Kai. Feeling his touch and existing for a moment inside his embrace... However I will no longer dwell on such useless emotions. No longer hope and cling onto a person who has caused me harm time after time. I will forget him. I will live diligently and make my dreams come true!