4: She's persistent

June 12, Wednesday.
8:00 AM

"Lydiaaaa!" I was quietly reviewing for the upcoming science quiz, till Ari's voice echoed throughout the room, once again causing my classmates to turn their heads and check on what the commotion was about.

"Lower your voice will ya!" I sigh. "So what's up?"

She puts her back down on her seat beside me then sits down. "So, did ya ask him?"

"Yeah..."

"And what did he say?"

"Well..." I felt hesitant to tell her, but I stay true to my words, so whether it may be hard to say or not, i'll still tell her. "He said he's single-"

"YIEEEEESSSSS!" Ari began squeeling in her seat before I could finish my sentence.

"Ari, I'm not done yet!"

"I have a chance I have a chance!" She ignored me and continued squeeling. So I decided to go silent and wait for her to calm down.

"What's up with Ari?" Maia Collins, The vice president of my class put her bag down at the vacant seat beside me. Other than being vice pres, Maia is a bubbly brunette with a timid side around people she hasn't met before.

Unlike this bestfriend of mine who reminds me of sadako. One, she long has straight black hair, and two she has no shame acting like she is on drugs towards anyone.

Maia sat at my right, while Ari sat at my left.

"She's just in love again." I giggle.

"Oooh! Who is it?" Maia asks me while taking her comb from her bag then combing her neck length, wavy light brown hair. Maia always had trouble taming her hair, so most of the time I'd see her combing over and over again.

"Theo."

"Theo? The nerd from class 3-2?" Maia raises her eyebrow.

"Yes!" Ari continues to squeel. "Haven't you seen the pic of him that was sent in the group chat!?"

"I rarely open my chats..." Maia frowns.

"Oh... I'll show you then!" Ari takes her phone out of her bag then looks for the picture of Theo. "Found it!" She hands her phone to Maia, and Maia looks at the picture wide-eyed.

"Woah! This is Theo? Well apparently he's hiding some radiant light under those thick glasses he's wearing." Maia laughs. "Well good luck Ari! Me and Lydia will help you get your boyyo!" Maia winks.

"Oh yeah, about what I was trying to say earlier Ari-" I was reminded about the words I was supposed to say earlier when I got cut off.

"Hush! Just cheer me on Lydia!" Ari once again cuts me off then pinches my cheek.

"But-"

"Goodmorning class!" The sound of the door opening, heels clicking, and my female teacher's voice, caused me and the other students that were busy chatting with one another to go silent.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Diaz!" We greeted our teacher in unison, and our teacher smiled back at us, placing her books down on the desk and she began her discussion.

Looks like i'll have to save what I was about to say for later.

So I gather my thoughts and put all my focus into the lesson. As usual.

10:30 AM

"Lydia, Maia! Let's all go to the canteen together today!" Ari jolts up from her seat, the moment recess began.