twenty two! ⋆ HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU

( songs for the chapter )⋆ eye in the sky // the alan parsons project⋆ with a little help from my friends // the beatles

⋆ eye in the sky // the alan parsons project
⋆ with a little help from my friends // the beatles

( songs for the chapter )⋆ eye in the sky // the alan parsons project⋆ with a little help from my friends // the beatles

KATE AND MIKE WERE ASLEEP next to Will, who laid in a hospital bed. As her, Jim, Joyce, and Bob finally returned above ground, the boy was being put on a stretcher. While Hopper was being quarantined and treated for various things, Kate and Mike followed the mother into Will's room. His temperature was dangerously high and anytime he was asked where it hurts, he'd yell out: "Everywhere!"

But after a rather high dosage of medicine, he was finally asleep – and so were Mike and Kate. They'd been up for nearly twenty-four hours, and were desperate to get some shut eye. The sun rose father into the sky, and Kate shuffled herself awake. As she sat up, wiping the sleep from her eyes, she was met with the smell of hot chocolate.

She gratefully took the warm cup Bob was offering to her. "Thanks, Bob. Thank you."

He grinned, pulling up a seat next to her. "No problem. I, uh- I heard you got the scholarship at Cornell."

"It's not a full ride or anything," she shook her head, trying to muster a smile. "But it helps with tuition, you know."

"That's still good. You should be proud."

She made short eye contact with the man next to her, and they smiled at each other for a brief moment. Joyce suddenly entered the room; Bob stood to greet her, and Kate followed behind. "They made me sign, like, a thousand documents. I mean, I lost at a certain point. They're going to make you guys do the same."

"Yeah. Well, hey, whatever," he stammered before muttering lowly. "What kind of documents?"

"Uh, confidentiality. And there were these official forms saying, like, nothing ever happened, which is why..."

"Will got lost in the woods," Bob finished. "Man, I always thought stuff like this happened in movies and comic books. Certainly not in Hawkins, or to you."

"Or you," Joyce pointed out.

Bobbed nodded. "Yeah."

Kate smirked before looking over at the man next to her, feigning seriousness. "Bob Newby, superhero."