𝐗𝐈𝐕. FERRET

CHAPTER FOURTEENFERRET

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
FERRET

§ § §

One day was particularly far more worse than the rest. The day of the pins. Harry and I walked through the halls that were crowded by students wearing pins that had Cedric's face and read "Cedric Diggory" then turned to "Potters Stink". 

A group of Hufflepuffs were blocking our way into the courtyard. "Like them, Potters?" Hannah Abbott asked.

I spit down at her shoes. "Aren't you a Hufflepuff. Don't you cry to mummy every time someone says they don't like your hair?" I scowled. She rolled her eyes and Harry and I pushed past the group.

As we walked out into the courtyard a familiar voice called out. "Why so tense, Potter?" We looked over to see Draco and his goons. Draco was sitting up in a tree and Crabbe, Nott, and Goyle stood at the base. "My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament..." Draco jumped down. "He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five."

Harry rushed forward. "I don't give a damn about what your father thinks, Malfoy!" I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him back. "He's vile, and cruel. And you're pathetic."

Harry turns and begins walking away. Draco scowls and goes to grab his wand. "Draco-" I went to grab his arm, but Moody stepped out from the hall and cast a spell at Draco.

The next second Draco transformed into a white ferret. My eyes widened. "I'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!" Moody crowed.

"Professor Moody, that's enough!" I yelled. I may not like Draco right now, but this was just wrong. "Turn him back!"

Moody moved his wand up and down and Draco bounced in the air. I scowled at Moody and hurried forward, grabbing the ferret from the air and holding him close.

"Giovanna, put him down." Moody growled.

"I will not!" I seethed back. I couldn't help but smile a little at how the ferret snuggled into my cradled arms.

"Professor Moody!" McGongall called, hurrying over to the scene. She saw the ferret in my arms. "What- what are you doing? Is that a- is that a student?"

 "Yes! It's Draco!" I nodded to her. Moody pointed his wand at me and I turned away, protecting ferret Draco. Harry was laughing and I rolled my eyes.

"Miss. Potter, place him down and I will turn him back." McGongall tells me. I nod and place the ferret on the ground. She waves her wand and Draco stumbles back to his human form, grabbing my arms for support.

"My father will hear about this." He glares at Moody.

"Is that a threat?" Moody starts rushing after Draco and I quickly pull the boy behind me. Draco grabs my hand and runs, pulling me back inside the castle. 

I sat with Draco in the common room later that night, after everyone had gone to their dorms. I sat him down on the couch and started cleaning a cut on his forehead he wouldn't let me touch earlier.

"You know, you made a pretty cute ferret." I smirked.

"I make a pretty cute anything." He smirked back.

I raise my eyebrows. "Shit? You make a pretty cute shit?"

He grins up at me as I stood before him. "Yeah, I'm the cutest shit you ever did see." I rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair.

"As much as we hate each other," I say quietly and seriously. "I don't want you to die. I don't know how I could live without you."

Draco smiles and takes my hands in his. "I care about you so much. I promise I would never say those things about Harry on my own, but my father..."

"It's okay." I sit next to him. "I know he... frightens you. But I swear to Merlin, if he ever hurt you... he'd be dead before he could say 'boo'."

Draco was looking at me with an amount of affection I didn't know he had. He kissed my forehead lightly. "Giovanna, I..."

I raise a brow. "Yeah?"

"Um... never mind." He shakes his head. I frown but shrug. Draco leans back so that he's laying on the couch. I lean my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, Snake Boy."

"Goodnight, Serpent Girl."

I could've sworn I heard "I love you", but I was tired and woozy. I knew I must've imagined it.