Chapter 4: Banquet

The current Emperor, Yang Chao, invited many noble families, official families, scholar families, physician families and military families to celebrate the Crown Prince's birthday banquet at the Imperial Palace.

The place was also where the young generation would find their potential partners like a matchmaking party, but having the Crown Prince's favor is the best one for future success.

Unfortunately for him, one lady doesn't want anything that has to do with him.

"Is that Lady Yin Rue and Yin Rui?! As expected the twin phoenixes are beautiful."

One gentleman spoke to the other young masters as they were admiring the twin sisters of the Yin Family walking to their respective seats.

"But Lady Yin Xingxing is a goddess and she's also the inner disciple of the Star Spirit Sect's First Elder. Whoever decides to marry her will be the strongest and greatest man to have a woman like her. I am inferior to place my hopes on marrying her."

Some of the young men could only admire the lady from afar due to her heaven-defying strength that only a heaven-defying man could conquer. However that didn't stop the wicked ones from trying to have a way with her someday.

Those looks were seen by Yin Long, the eldest and only son of the Yin Family.

Bastards.

He was disgusted of their expressions. Whoever gets close to his sister is bound to have their life at wit's end. Did they really think she was easy to get? Just wait until they see his youngest sister, one of the fairest of the heavens!

"That can't be Yin Lanying, is it?"

"No way it is her!"

"She's wearing simple colors? That isn't right. Was she knocked in the head?"

Who was knocked in the head?! That was his youngest sister! The Fourth Miss! She was reborn you know!

For Yin Lanying, she didn't care of the gossip that was spread among the ladies and men. She calmly tread over to her seat besides her elder sister and sat gracefully to observe everyone in the palace. Serene and charming on the outside, anxious and screaming on the inside. This was new for her fresh start and all she knew of the moment is that she had the potential to give herself her own death. After experiencing that, there's no way for her to be happy about this day.

Her deep, blue eyes simply looked around to those that were her age. She remembered some of the young ladies becoming the future concubines of the Crown Prince that already seem to be a long time ago. There were no good impressions of them.

Huh?

Her eyes stopped at a certain direction of glowing red. Glowing red eyes. Making eye contact with hers. The person was a young man with silky long dark hair who gave her full attention and a smirk on his lips. That gave him a charming and seductive look.

Lanying immediately looked away and scolded herself for being distracted by a handsome man that could shake the world. Before she thought about who he was, the Emperor finally walked in the pathway to his throne with the Empress and the Crown Prince.

"Long live the Emperor!"

Everyone present in the celebration paid their respects to their Emperor of the Yang Country.

"You all may be seated."

After they sat back down the Emperor continued, "As you all know my Second Son the Crown Prince Yang Le is having his nineteenth birthday celebrated here in the Imperial Palace a year after his coming-of-age ceremony. In this special day, my son has made arrangements of entertainment for the young ladies to show their talents for everyone. Consider this an opportunity for the young ladies out there."

The young misses were ecstatic and began to dream of being by the Crown Prince's side as his wife. However the Emperor's words only brought bitterness in Lanying.

This would be the perfect time to intercede and ask him for her marriage to the cruel crown prince.

But now her plan with her elder sister will be set into motion.

"Your Majesty, I would like to ask a proposal."

Lanying stood up and bows respectively to the Emperor, stunning everyone but Yin Rue and Yin Rui who had their expectations in motion. Yin Xingxing and Yin Long were smiling to themselves and waited for her words to drop.

"You must be Yin Hao's fourth daughter, Yin Lanying. Zhen allows you to talk."

"I would like to ask Your Majesty to bestow my Second Sister and Third Sister's marriages to Crown Prince Yang Le."

What?

What did she say?

Bestowing marriage of her twin sisters to the Crown Prince?

Yang Le looked down at Lanying with a raised eyebrow. Wasn't she the one who was obsessed with him? How come she's offering her sisters for him?

Yin Rue and Yin Rui widened their eyes for a split second. How come it turned out this way? Yin Rue gave her younger twin sister a glare, making Yin Rui become slightly anxious.

Yin Xingxing and Yin Long secretly held their thumbs up towards each other and watched the show playing out.

"Why do say this, Lady Yin Lanying?"

"If my twin sisters were to marry the Crown Prince as consorts, his highness will have a high chance of getting auspicious dragon phoenix twins. Surly that would be a blessing, is it not?"

Dragon phoenix twins?

Yang Le and the Emperor looked at the female Yin twins for a moment. Lanying's words were tempting, but it wasn't enough to completely fool them with her alone.

Wasn't she my admirer?

Are they a perfect match for my son?

Both the prince and emperor had different thoughts on the matter.

"Lady Yin Rue and Lady Yin Rui, what are you both proficient at?"

Yin Rue and Yin Rui both got up from their seats and bowed towards Emperor Yang Chao.

"Your Majesty, I can play the guqin."

"And I can dance."

The sisters then nod their heads towards each other, knowing what the other will do to raise royal favor together as they went to their designated spots for a show.