Chapter Four

Edited
Chapter Four: The Pact

After the excitement and the laughter of the game and Brittany The Bitch's stupidity and epic failure of jumping into Austin's arms, it eventually died out and people began to go home or get their belongings ready to go. We went almost immediately home, nearly exploding with the need to be laughing again. With Rebekah driving us both to hers, we had to get our laughter under control because of how dangerous it is. 

  "Oh, my gosh. Did you see her face?" Rebekah chortles, snuggling up to her blanket in bed.

   "Priceless," I smile over at her from her carpeted bedroom floor. I am already writing about it in my journal. I didn't want to forget how mad she had looked.

   "I wish I could see that face more often, ya know, instead of her bitchy grin," Rebekah sighs.

   "Me, too," I agree, "I think I would be happier."

   "Well," Rebekah sits up in bed, "what if there is a way?"

   I squint at her curiously, "what are you thinking?"

   "Well, you know how invested she is at trying to win over Austin. What if... someone else won him over instead?" Rebekah winks at me.

   "What? Me?" I felt my eyes get wide. "If he won't go for her, what makes you think he would go for me?"

   "Is that a serious question?" Rebekah scowls at me. "Brittany is hideous, inside and definitely out. You are the exact opposite. You're simply stunning."

   I smirk at her, "that's very sweet, but I don't know. Why don't you do it?"

   "Because, I am already claimed," she bites her lip and glances at the poster on her wall.

   "Are you joking? By Leonardo DiCaprio ?" I frown.

   "I'm one-thousand percent serious. I'll wait an eternity if necessary," she winks, "but you should get back at that conniving bi-otch. I can't believe she abandoned nine years of friendship to be cool," she air-quotes. "It would be hilarious if you took her guy."

   I consider what she's saying. It would be fun to crush (Brat)tany. To hurt her like she's hurt me. But am I that petty?

Of course I am. I start jotting down my plans in my journal. I title the page at the top: The Pact. Operation: Crush Brittany's Soul. Tomorrow, I will make my first move on Austin Spencer. We'll see how it goes from there.

   "Hey, are you hungry?" Rebekah suddenly asks.

  "Um, always?" I sarcastically answers her with a smile.

   "Let's go to J'Nellie's and get some pancakes," Rebekah licks her lips.

   "But it's like twelve in the morning," I squint at her.

    "Yeah, and?" She asks.

   "Good point," I chuckle and slam my journal shut, "let's go. What about your parents?"

   Rebekah rolls out of bed onto her feet, "they don't care," she waves it away. One thing I've always loved about her place no one cares what anyone does. There's no one breathing down anyone's neck. No need for permission all the time.

   "Okay!" I shout, slipping into my shoes.

   We hop in Rebekah's mustang and she drives to J'Nellie's Pancake House, my favorite restaurant. There are like six vehicles parked in the parking lot which is very unexpected for this hour, but we go inside, anyway. My heart skips a beat when I see Austin Spencer and the rest of the football team huddled at three different tables. They are being rowdy, and I can tell almost immediately that they've been drinking. A few of them can barely stand upright.
   I glance at Rebekah and she shakes her head, "we can't let them drive like this."

   "Exactly what I was going to say," I say with a sigh.
   We march over to their tables and Rebekah slams her fist in the center of one of them to hush them up.

   "You guys have obviously exceeded your limits tonight. Is anyone sober?" she raises her eyebrows at them.

   "I am," Austin suddenly says, "and so is Drew over there. We are the Designated Driver's, don't worry."

   Rebekah nods, "prove it."

   "How?" Austin smirks at us both.

   "Walk a straight line," she demands. So bossily.

    "He can't do that even when he's sober," one guy drunkenly cackles.

   Austin shoves to his feet with an I'm-going-to-prove-you-wrong smile on his face. He walks a perfect line from his table to where I stand. He is only a foot from me now, and his smile is even larger than before.

   "Straight enough for you?" he calls over his shoulder to Rebekah.

   Rebekah rolls her eyes, "it'll do."

   I awkwardly take a step back from Austin, but Rebekah's face encourages otherwise. He faces me again and looks me up and down. Typical jock asshole fashion. Maybe this wasn't a good plan, after all.
   "You're Roxanne, right?" he smirks at me.

   "Uh, yes... How'd you know that?" I quietly ask.

   "Small school," he shrugs, putting his hands in and out of his pockets.

   "Oh, yeah, right," I stutter.

   Rebekah's eyes light up and she shoots me a thumbs up from behind his back.
   "I'm Austin," he introduces himself.

   "Yeah. I know. And as you already know I'm Roxanne."

   "And I'm Rebekah." Rebekah says raising her hand, making me smile to myself, Austin chuckles quietly and looks back at her and me.

   One of the burly football players suddenly stands up and shouts, "AND I AM CLARENCE.
HOW Y'ALL DOIN'?" 

   "Go home, Clarence," another one says, "you're drunk."

  "Yeah, I should probably get him home," Austin laughs, "but I'll see you at school on Monday."

   "Yeah, see you," I bit my lip.

   He gathers up his drunk friends and they exit the restaurant together.
    "I'm impressed," Rebekah winks at me, "you did good."

   "Thanks," I chuckle lowly, "I am going to destroy that fly."

"But first things first let get those pancakes."

"I second that motion."

****
Hey I'm extremely sorry that this update took FOREVER. I've just been going through some stuff lately. Hope I'm worth forgiving.