Chapter 10: I am definitely not a model

I rolled out of bed at 10:30 instantly regretting spending all night on my phone. Though how could I regret texting Tom all night. I talked to Tom more that night than I think I've talked to him ever. I learned about his time on the road and he told me all the stories on set, he was able to name drop Chris fucking Hemsworth in more than one story. He even told me about the different stunts he did and embarrassingly enough told me all the times he wished he were actually Spiderman. Tom even mentioned how he thought living in New York and being Peter Parker would've been super cool.

I quickly changed into an appropriate outfit for the day, Tom didn't exactly give me much context as to how exactly I should dress. I mean it is a modelling shoot I could imagine the types of out fits they'd be wearing though I suppose I'm only off set so I shouldn't have to dress that nice. I put on a pair of navy skinny jeans and a loose plaid flannel. My folks had already left for work when I heard the doorbell ring. To my surprise I saw Harrison waiting at the door.

"Oh hey, I hope I'm not under dressed am I?," I ask.

"No, no you're good, say uh Tom's just in the car he wanted to greet you he just had some call," he says, well that answers my question.

"It's cool he's probably on call with Iron Man," I joke.

"Oh no Robert called this mourning," Harrison said except I think he was totally serious.

Laughed though as soon as I realized he wasn't kidding it got awkward.

I got into the passengers seat while Harrison insisted he sit in the back.

"Hey," Tom said before quickly kissing me and turning back to the wheel.

"Hey," I said looking straight trying not to get another ridiculous blush to stain my cheeks.

"Uh hey, now do I get a kiss," Harrison jokes.

"Sure I'll give you a kiss when we get there," Tom kids.

He stepped on the gas and soon enough we were on our way, we were driving into the city so traffic was crazy. I was beginning to think we should've just took the subway. We were stopped at a red light on a road that didn't seem to move. The many horns and yells from on going drivers were enough to let you know that this wasn't moving anytime soon.

"Sorry mate but you might wanna call in and tell em' you'll be late," Tom says while driving then breaking then driving and breaking.

We weren't going more than a few centimetres. Though light conversation was held in the car to somehow distract us from the rows of cars ahead of us, that and Harrison's playlist. The music pumped from the speaker, most of it 90's pop music though there was the odd modern rap. After every song ended and another began Harrison would sing at the top of his lungs urging Tom and I to join in.

"Oh c'mon you guys are so boring, join me," Harrison begs,"We'll be in the car for quite a while might as well spend it singing."

"I'm sure I can think of other things I'd rather be doing," I say though I still tap my finger on the dash to the rhythm of the music.

Just as Harrison was doing his pouty face to try and guilt us to join in 'I want it that way' started to play. As soon as the music began Harrison's face lit up.

"Oh come on you guys have to join in on this one, I'll be Nick!," he shouts with glee.

"Fine!," Tom says,"Only because it's the backstreet boys."

"You are my fire," Harrison begins full of enthusiasm and energy.

"The one desire," Tom sings, though he doesn't have nearly as much energy as Harrison.

"Believe when I say," Harrison shouts waving his arm around in that back seat.

"I want it that way," They both sing, Tom starting to get into it.

"Y/n come on join in," Harrison says.

Tom turned to look at me and gave a little shrug.

"Tell me why," Tom screamed out of no where.

"Ain't nothing but a heart ache," Harrison sung as he moved to the beat.

"Tell me why," Tom yelled as he wiggled his finger pointing to me.

A sigh left my mouth," Ain't nothing but a mistake," I tried to hold a tune though I was no singer.

Harrison and Tom's faces were full of smile as they successfully got me to join in on there stupid wannabe carpool karaoke.

"Oh tell me why," Tom sung once more.

The three of us joined in to sing the last bit of the chorus are voices completely out of tune and not blending at all and as bad as it sounded, it was a hell of a lot fun.

"I never wanna hear you say, I want it that way," we all sang as loud and enthusiastically as possible.

I don't know if it was our irritable voices that caused magic for the traffic to start moving but we were finally able to move more than a meter and after a small detour to McDonalds we finally got to Harrison's shoot. He was doing some pictures for another magazine, we'd probably be there for the day. Tom and I were behind camera, there were a lot of models walking in and out in these top deck designer clothes. The women were in super good shape and beautiful, I knew I was going to see a bunch of models but I wasn't able to prepare myself for the self consciousness I'd be feeling. A couple of the models on there down time were talking to Tom about the various topics of fame, fortune, and friends. I don't know why Tom invited me in the first place he doesn't seem to be lonely at all surrounded by these women. I just watched Harrison and his partner doing multiple poses as the photographer took their pictures. He was able to take five and came to talk with me.

"How's it going," he asked as he sipped on his water.

He was all decked out in a black tuxedo and hair gelled back, I think he was even wearing make up.

"Good, this set's really cool," I said looking around the various employees either designers or photographers or models themselves.

"It's intimidating," Harrison said managing to catch my cue's of misplacement.

"Very," I said my eyes landing at the group surrounding Tom.

Gosh those women were practically throwing themselves at him, maybe I'm just over reacting he is famous. What do I expect plus none of them know we're together though I don't even know if we're together. Would this even be considered dating?

Harrison seemed to notice what I was looking at though it was pretty obvious when I couldn't keep my eyes off of him all day. Well most day's.

"You know none of those girls have anything on you," Harrison says making an effort to cheer me up.

"Ya Tom would never love a girl who's skinny, smart and beautiful," I sigh.

A small laugh left Harrison,"Ya well why hang out with ole Spiderman when you can chill with me."

I turned to face Harrison,"You're right, wannabe Tobey Maguire over there wishes he could hang out with us," I joke.

"Oh that's a good one," Harrison laughs before gulping down his water.

"I better get back on, if Tom is able to pull away from the ladies tell him to come for lunch,"

"Will do, now get back out there Haz," I say with instant regret, shit that nickname is reserved for best friends, I doubt I'm at that tier yet. "I mean Harrison," I add probably making the situation even more awkward.

"You can call me Haz, I know we aren't that close but I can tell we're gonna be," he says before walking back to his dressing room to change into his next outfit.

I felt lonely, though a feeling like that isn't too foreign for me. I don't have many friends in fact I really have just the one, I used to talk to a few other people in school but none were as close as Harry was. Through Harry I've come to grow close with all the Holland's, though you could imagine the loneliness I felt when they went on vacation.

To my surprise I felt a small tap on my shoulder, I turned to see Tom.