C H A P T E R 2 0

A/N: Sooo, yes I know... everything is so odd and confusing, and you probably find the characters so annoying, but what is a story without a little twist eh? I promise, In sha allah, it'll be getting better! I am finally on the role of writing... off of my writers block and back up in my game! Anyways, Enjoy!

"Not those, I said white flowers for the borders!" Hana screams to the decor owner through the phone

"I am sorry ma'am I am sure you get lavender lilies" The guy stayed calm through the chaos.

"OH MY GOD, GUYS WE FORGOT TO GET THE SHEETS!" Zayna freaked.

"INVITATIONS! GUYS!" Maryam shrieked, "THEY'RE HEREEEEEE"

I was in the middle of chaos, it had been 2 weeks since that agreement between the families, and now my friends are going havoc on the decor. Everything had to be perfect or else they'd die, thankfully the invitation arrived right away, which was a blessing, but Hana doesn't seem to have it. Apparently, the guy sent dozens of lavender lilies when we paid for white flowers. However, I couldn't care less.

"HANA!" I yelled her to shut up for one second so she can listen to me.

"hold on please," she said, "what is it aiyla!"

"look, we have lavender hints in our decor the lavender lilies will look perfect, we can have white table cloth instead and other stuff, we already paid for it, so leave it" I tried to convince her. She groaned and ended up agreeing.

My whole living room was filled with decor. We still had time, the engagement wasn't until two days! And the girls were going insane, but you know what if I was getting married to whom I loved, and everything.. trust me I'd be a perfectionist.

There was this feeling I had that the marriage was for some reason not going to go through... was I right?! we will see...

My pager buzzed, I was on call that day for some surprising reason. Seems like there is an emergency at the ER. "guys I have to run to the hospital!" I sighed, quickly grabbing my coat to rush out.

"oh yes, you're on call, well as we work on this just remember that we will be gone to the hall to check things out," Zayna said.

I said my goodbyes and let them go all out as they wanted too. I sat into my car and made my way towards the hospital. The drive was quite until it was interrupted by a notification on my phone. Not thinking of anything, I opened my phone and saw another email by the same person.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, so lost as to who would annoy me this way. It isn't getting any funnier... Upon approaching the hospital I park my car and leave to go inside. I had a dilemma on whether it'd be best to open the email now or later...

but know me and my impatient self, it was best to open it up now, and so I did.

you don't want to regret marrying him... do not do it!

This started to make me really frustrated, why did someone find it okay to message me things like this during the time, it 100% not my friends since I asked them, and it wouldn't definitely not be my brothers, they're not into these kinds of things.

who the hell are you

I decided to text back. Hoping it would send and I would feel a sense of revealing an odd message shows up.

message failed to send -

At this rate, I was really confused... I was so confused that I had no idea somebody was calling out my name. "Dr, Aiyla Hussain!"

My head shot up immediately. 'Oh shoot! It's Dr. Asad.' I pursed my lips in embarrassment. "y-yes sir"

"i do not appreciate interns that have ignored my pages" he ranted, firm and professional. "you will have to be on call for the next 3 days"