Chapter 9

|8 months later|

     •MILLI•

Waking up in my own apartment felt nice after a long wait. Because I don't make twice the rent my dad had to sign the lease for me.  As for me and Jasmine, we've been getting back on track of becoming Bestfriend's she's been trying really hard over the past couple months after finding out I was pregnant.

"Milli I know you're not still sleep-wake up you have an appointment today". Jasmine said walking into my room.

"Where did you tell your parents you were this time". I ask standing up stretching before rubbing my stomach.

"At the library studying". She said looking around scratching the back of her neck causing us to laugh.

"You're going to get caught one day Jasmine they still tripping about us hanging together it's been months". I said starting my shower as I laid my clothes on the counter.

"I know hopefully not today because I get to see auntie baby". She said rubbing my stomach smiling but she wouldn't be smiling if she knew this was her little brother or sister.

"Yea but step out so I can shower and we can head out". I said and she nodded walking out.

Stepping in the shower I began to wash up when I feel like someone is watching me but it must be my mind playing tricks on me.

|15 minutes later|

After putting on my clothes I brush my teeth and wash my face before opening the bathroom door and being scared to death by Jasmine falling at my feet.

"Girl what the hell are you doing". I ask looking down at her as she looked up at me.

"I was in looking for my earring I think I lost it in here". She said touching her ears.

"Oh never mind come on let's go". She said standing up as I looked at her weirdly and grabbed my things.

Walking out I lock the door and get in the passenger side putting on my seat belt.

"Are you nervous". She asked looking over at me.

"Yes I mean this is my first baby so the thought of if I'll be a good mother is lingering on my mind". I said with a sigh thinking about me raising my baby alone.

"Have you told your parents about me being pregnant"? I ask looking over at her to see her reaction.

"Noooo no no no no I have not that would be another reason for them to keep us apart". She said and I nod understanding.

"Yea that's probably for the best". I said as we pulled up to the hospital.

Unbuckling my seat belt we get out walking into the hospital.

"Hello, I'm here for an appointment". I said to the receptionist and she hands me a clipboard and I take it going to sit by Jasmine.

"I'm so excited to see what you're having". She said rubbing my shoulder giving me an uneasy feeling.

"Me too I really want a boy". I said filling out the papers.

"I want you to have a girl". She said and I nod finishing up the last few pages before getting up and taking it to the desk.

"Thank you". The receptionist said taking the papers off of the clipboard.

Just as I was about to walk back to my seat they called my name.

"Jasmine get my bag please". I called out to her and she got up grabbing it following us to the back.

After the nurse took my temperature and checked my weight and blood pressure she lead us to a room.

"The doctor will be right with you". She said smiling before walking out.

"This shit is getting real". I said feeling my baby kick.

"Knock knock hello my favorite baby". My ob/gyn Mrs.Wilson said closing the door before bringing me into a hug.

"Hey, Mrs.Wilson". I said smiling watching as she shook hands with Jasmine.

"You mind telling me what's been going on while I set up". She asked cutting on the machine.

"Well, I've had slight cramps and light spotting here and there". I said and she nods her head letting me know she is listening.

"That's common as you get closer to your delivery date". She said sliding the machine over towards me.

"Buuuut there's more I've been having contractions but my water hasn't broken". I said watching as she put gloves on.

"What we are going to do is break your water and induce labor today right after this appointment". She said and I nod getting excited and even though it's a little early I'm ready to meet my baby.

"Are you going to wait for the gender or do you want to know now". She asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'll wait". I said and she nodded.

"Let's begin". She said grabbing the gel.

Hopefully, everything goes well...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE