7

mikes pov
-

i woke up on top of my bed with dried drool covering my face with a pounding head. "fuck.." i mumbled to myself, sitting up, looking at the alarm clock next to me. it was 4:40 pm.

memories of last night intoxicated my head, making me pinch the bridge of my nose.

all i could remember is playing truth or dare and kissing someone. fuck. i kissed will. and it actually felt good.

yeah, me and el had a lot of kisses but none have ever been this heated or in the moment. i guess it only felt so good because we've been friends for so long and- i shut my rushing thoughts off an pushed them to the back of my head.

i rolled off of the side of my bed, standing up and seeing dustin and lucas laying on top of eachother on the floor in front of my bed. i chuckled lightly at the sight. they mustve fell asleep here after the party last night.

i walked over to the two and i kicked lucas, earning an "oof" sound from him. "what time is it..?" he sleepily mumbled, opening his eyes.

"almost five." i replied as he pushed dustin off of him , both of us hearing a thump from him hitting the floor.

i held my right arm out so he could pull up and he did so. "im starving man..." he said, scratching his head. "lets go and get something to eat" i said, already opening the door to go downstairs. we both walked down the stairs and my mother greeted us in the kitchen. "hi honey, hi lucas" she smiled, taking a sip of her sweet tea "nice of you two to join us"

lucas and i both smiled sweetly towards her as we heard a pair of feet strolling down the stairs. dustin appeared beside us a few seconds later and then he walked over to the fridge, grabbing a coke. "so what did you three do last night?" she asked, eyeing us as if she knew something.

the three of us looked at eachother and then back at her "oh you know, nothin much, we went and saw a movie and then we came back here to play d&d" i lied.

"oh, thats fun." she said suspiciously, squinting her eyes, examining us. "where's will?"

my heart fluttered at hearing his name and i pinched my leg, trying to get me to stop thinking about the things that happened last night. "oh he crashed at his place" dustin said, saving me from the embarrassment.

"okay, well you guys have fun" she said as sh grabbed her purse off of the counter. "me and your dad wont be home tonight, mike." she started "we have work until 6 tomorrow."

"okay, have a good time." i said, trying to make her leave as soon as possible. she walked over and left a kiss on my cheek and walked out the door. as she closed the door behind her, i wiped the wet kiss off of the side of my face, saying "yuck!"

"so have you heard from will?" dustin asked, looking towards me. "nope" i replied simply.

"what happened between you two last night was pretty.. weird wasnt it?" lucas asked.

"i dunno, i cant really remember it." i lied.

"you two were like sucking eachothers faces off!" lucas exclaimed. "it was..."

"hot"

"gay" lucas finished as dustin interrupted. both me and lucas quickly turned to look at dustin with suprised looks on our face

"hot? really dustin?" i asked, laughing
"what im not just gonna lie!" he replied defensively. "so what was that all about last night?" he asked

"well it was a dare, dustin." i deadpanned

"are you sure it was just a d-" he started but i smacked him before he could finish. "yes im sure, asshole. im not gay."

"no one said you were gay mike" lucas said

"you know, i think it would be best if you guys just left. my head is killing me and i have better stuff to do rather than to be accused of something by my best friends." i said, rolling my eyes for what feels like the millionth time.

"whatever dude. you got some stuff to figure out." luas said before opening the door to walk out, dustn trailing behind him.

as soon as they left, i opened the medication cabinet and i grabbed some pain killers. i sighed, my mind still revolving around one certain person.

will byers.