Chapter 29

A loud knock at the door stirs me awake, but not fully. Nichole! Sydney! It's time to wake up!" My mother calls out to us while we groan wanting more sleep. We did after all have a busy night, I laugh to myself internally. "Five more minutes mum!" I groan back to her and then stick my head under the duvet for more sleep. We were up talking till the early hours of the morning and we must have all of what? Three hours of sleep maybe? "Both of you, UP NOW or you'll be late for school!" She yells impatiently. "Oh and where are your brothers? They're not in bed!" Oh shit, my brothers and Liam! I totally forgot they are still in the garage. "I think they may have slept in the garage, I can't be sure!" I reply as innocently as possible, pretending to be oblivious of what the three little pigs get up to. Little pig, I like that, I may just start nicknaming them that. I think to myself amused.

"I'll go and wake the boys up and you two start getting ready. I imagine there will be fighting for the bathroom this morning and you know the policy here. First come first serve" My mother reminds me, making me jump out of bed. "Syd, get up! We need to use the bathroom before the boys do!" I yell at her while shaking her awake. "Can't we skip today? I'm knackered!" She groans just as I did before. "May I remind you that we need to get the hell out of here before my brothers and Liam get up!" I say and she jolts up at lightening speed, climbing out of the bed, scrambling to get all her gear ready. "Chop chop, Nick!" She says hurriedly as I just stood there watching amazed at her speed. I grab everything I need and we both burst out of my bedroom, across the very short hall, to the bathroom and lock ourselves in with a sigh of relief.

It didn't take us long to get cleaned up and dressed for school but we stayed in the bathroom which is directly above the kitchen, listening in on the floor for the now barking dogs. We could hear my mother laughing, while the boys were moaning about my friend and me. "It's not funny mum! Look at us! She's out of control! You've got to do something!" One of my brothers yells. "She's already grounded and her phone has been confiscated and don't think for one second that I don't know you guys are just as responsible as her for last nights dinner fiasco!" My mother replies sternly, but then a giggle escapes her and I can only assume, that she finds it just as hard as I did, to keep a straight face, when they look the way they do. "Anyway, you all look very charming, ha ha ha ha ha!" my mother says bursting out laughing again. "MUUUMMM!!!" My brother Travis whines like a toddler. "Fine, fine. I'll talk to her! Now all of you, go get cleaned up or you'll be late for school!" My mother instructs and it's clear that that conversation is over.

"Shit! They're are coming up!" I yell at my friend while getting up from the floor and she does the same. "We could make them late for school?" Sydney says, with sparkling eye, long lashes flapping innocently and a huge smile from ear to ear. "I suppose" I say smiling back, catching her drift.

BANG BANG BANG, one of the boys punches the door rather than knocking like a civilised person would. "Who is it?" I say from behind it in a singsong tone. "Who do you think? Now open the door!" Liam yells angrily. "Just a minute, we're not done yet!" I reply innocently in a high-pitched tone. "Well hurry up!" Travis yells impatiently. You can hear them pacing the hall, stomping with each step, deliberately making them selves heard. "Are you done yet?" Derrick asks, also annoyed but at least he's not yelling at me. "Not quite, soon though, I promise!" I say back kindly to him and Sydney starts a fit of giggling, no longer able to contain her self, revealing our shenanigans. "Are you both taking the fucking Piss?" Liam growls, loosing his patience. "Language!" You can hear my mother yell from downstairs. "Sorry Mrs Williams!" He replies back with gritted teeth, clearly still angry but also embarrassed to have been caught swearing.

"I think we should let them in now" I say looking at the time and my friend smiles satisfied and agrees. I slowly open the door, but then it was pull open from me, at force and speed, leaving me standing directly in front of a fuming Liam. "Good morning!" I say innocently looking up to his face, which I must admit, although with smudged makeup, he still looks totally hot. He's got bed hair sticking up, his clothes are all dishevelled and yet he still looks amazing. How is it even humanly possible for someone to look this good so early in the morning and all that get up on his face? I think to my self as I scan him up and down, nearly drooling at the sight. Unimpressed by my behaviour, he shoves me to the side and enters the bathroom, then shoves Sydney out at full force, nearly making her fall. I shake my head and as I turn to leave I say one last thing. "Your not a morning person are you?" I say, reminding him that that was what he had once said to me and he just grunted, locking the door behind him.