Chapter 7

Note: Michael doesn't know that the Demon King actually knew what was going to happen and Michael also didn't saw what happened in the dark abyss. The only memory he received were the version of the Demon King POV in the novel.

———————————————

Michael felt a sense of Deja vu when he awoke later,with a pounding headache again. But this time, instead of being in a humongous obsidian corridor, he was in a grand bedroom instead.

Michael had a blank expression but deep inside he was cursing this place.

'Damn, does everything in this place have to be grand'

Michael tried to figure out how he ended up in this place, and how long was this dream going to last.

'If I remember correctly, I was in the garden when....ah! That butler h-'

But an overwhelming painful headache took hold of Michael.

He trashed around the bed while holding his head. Michael wanted to scream but all of his focus was placed on the pain he was experiencing.

The his eyes widened as memories flood his mind.

Two pairs of cold red eyes, a crying blue haired girl, a big dark castle, creatures only found in stories, wide magical places, a hero with a sword surrounded by his comrades, destruction of kingdoms, massacre of countless people, a blood soaked throne room, black feathers falling from a red tainted sky, the bleeding moon and the black ashen land piling with corpses-

Michael, being unaccustomed to this much pain due to him coming from the modern world fainted but the memories didn't stopped entering.

The memories are depicted from a view of a person he didn't know, but what the events that happened in the memories were too familiar for Michael.

The scenes that were shown were ones he had read once in a book, a book with iridescent dark blue color and a gold calligraphy title.

A book that he threw straight into Josh's face....................shit.

———————————————

When Michael woke up again, he wasn't confused anymore.

Yes, he wasn't confused but angry? Now there's completely different answer to that.

Michael grabbed the nearest pillow from his hand and threw it towards the wall.

'Fuck it all!'

He cried and grieved within his heart.

'This place is not a damn dream!'

Michael bitterly thought. The memories that entered his mind was enough of an explanation to what had happened to him.

He was summoned here by the Demon king to change the fate of the Demon Kingdom.

Now he was stuck here, in a world full of monsters and magic with a kingdom to managed and a war to avoid!

'What kind of bad karma is this! I didn't do anything wrong in my life and actual managed to stay in the same dorm room and be best friend with the most annoying person in the Uni, for God's sake. Is it something I did in my past life!?!?'

While cursing out his self in the past life, a knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Um......y-your Highness, i-it's time for your tea"

A stuttering feminine voice echoed from behind the door.

Michael was confused by this predicament but suddenly remembered from one of the Demon King's memory that the man liked to drink tea at 3PM to relax his mind.

Michael panicked and thoughts of being found out that he wasn't the Demon King flooded his mind.

Then he looked back at the memories if there was something that could help him, and he hit a jackpot.

The spell [Mask of Devoid] enables its user to remain passive and emotionless despite the extreme emotion that the caster might experience.

With the knowledge and magic of an overpowered Demon King, Michael used [Chantless] to cast the spell.

Now with a cold expression like the original Demon King had, he told the maid to let herself in.

The door opened without a single creaking noise and a tiny hand first showed up. After a then the while body of the girl showed herself.

Michael's eyes widened when he saw the appearance of the girl but the spell made his face still look cold and neutral.

The girl reached the height of 150cm and had soft looking curved brown hair reaching her neck that was cupping her round cheeks. She looked petite and small like a doll with her skin slightly tanned. She wore a simple maid's clothes that was long enough to reach below her knees.

Small black doll shoe was settled upon her feet a contrast towards the long white socks she wore. She was holding a silver tray that contained a beautiful porcelain tea pot surrounded by 2 tea cups.

She shyly looked up and Michael saw a pair of wide eyes, the color of green moss.

But then to Michael's surprise, a fluffy tail moved behind her and a pair of pointy cat ears were there instead of human ears.

The girl eye's made contact with his own and the girl's tail and ears stood up on its end and while biting a her lips, forced herself to walk in front of him to serve the tea.

Michael tried to remember who the girl was but alas he couldn't find her in the Demon King's memory.

'So this means she must be someone new, and is that tail made from pure fur? It looks fluffy'

Michael though to himself and was drifted in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the girl placing the tea cup in front of him and pouring in the hot tea with trembling hands.

When the girl finished pouring the tea, she let out a silent relived sigh and moved far away from Michael.

"Y-your Highness t-the tea is ready"

She stammered again and looked down on her feet.

Michael then came back to his senses and looked at the shy girl in in front of him

'She looks like she's about 14 years old'

He thought then cast a glance at the hot tea in front of him.

"Thank you, you may leave now"

Michael said briefly, as if he didn't give a care at all and like what he said just said was a normal thing.

Unknown to Michael who was now entirely focused on the tea, the maid was now looking at him with eyes wide as saucers, ready to pop of their eye sockets.

Her mouth was slightly open from shock and her tail and ears were standing still with the fur puffed out. Her whole body is rigged and stiff.

She then placed her hand on top of her ears and pulled. She kept pulling on them trying to see what was wrong with it. Because there was no way that the Demon King just thanked her.

'Mia probably casted a hallucination spell on me for today's prank. I am sooooo gonna tell this to the Head maid!'

The girl pouted within her thoughts and with a quick bow, left the room.

Michael completely oblivious from the girl's thought was drinking tea quietly while trying to cope with the fact that he was now stuck in a novel with him as a final boss.

'What have happened to my life, hah'