01

“Jeno, you’re stupid,” you whispered as you followed behind him through the Dreamie dorms.

“Stupid in love,” he retorted endearingly, squeezing your hand affectionately. “Now be quiet, we have to get through the living room.”

Lee Jeno, your secret boyfriend of five months, was currently trying to sneak you into his dorm. Normally, the two of you wouldn’t be tiptoeing through the dorms, in fact, you’d be joining Jaemin and Renjun on their movie night. Except tonight you couldn’t because of who was also joining their movie night. Your older brother Jungwoo. It was pure accident, you not telling your brother about dating Jeno, you’d always meant to. At first neither of you knew where your relationship was going, so you figured you didn’t want to tell the other twenty members of NCT. Then you just couldn’t find a good time to tell him as he prepared for and started his debut and promotions with NCT 127. So now you were stuck, this was your new norm.

Thankfully, Renjun and Jaemin had chosen a very loud superhero movie tonight, so you were able to sneak behind the couches unscathed. And finally, you reached Jeno’s room, your boyfriend quickly slamming the door closed behind you maybe a little too loudly before locking it.

Flopping down on his bed, you repeated, “You’re stupid.”

“Would you rather be at home without me?” He came to lay beside you, immediately bringing you into his chest.

“No,” you mumbled in defeat, too relieved to be in his arms again.

It had been almost three weeks since the last time you’d been able to see him, either you were too caught up in school work that you couldn’t avoid, Jungwoo was in the dorms so you couldn’t go over, and then of course your mom didn’t know so Jeno couldn’t come over to your house. It was a terrible, horrible relationship limbo you were in. A select few people knew: Jaemin, because he’s Jeno’s best friend; Renjun, because Jeno is an idiot and accidentally made a group chat with him and Jaemin when asking what to get you for your one-month anniversary; Ten, because you needed his help keeping Jungwoo out of the dorm a couple times; and of course Jisung and Chenle because they came in asking to use Jeno’s extra game controllers while you were over. So everyone in the Dreamie dorm except your brother.

“We need to tell him at some point,” you spoke again, sighing into the hollow of Jeno’s neck.

“I know.”

“He won’t even be mad, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him get mad.”

“I know.”

“Then why haven’t we told him?”

“I don’t know.”

You couldn’t blame Jeno, this was your fault too. Jungwoo was your brother, you should be the one to tell him. And yet, you never had.

The door handle was suddenly rattled, accompanied by a knock and curious voice, “Jeno?”

It was Jungwoo.

Panicked, Jeno pulled you up from his bed as he yelled out, “Yeah?”

“Can I come in?”

Then you were unceremoniously shoved into his closet, holding your breath as Jeno responded.

“Why?”

“I think my sister left her phone around here somewhere when she came over yesterday, my mom just called me about it.”

Shit, your location was definitely on. Stupid technology.

“Well, why would it be in here?” Jeno sounded way too guilty as he replied.

“I had to pop over to the 127 dorms for a second and her and Jaemin played on his Switch in here while I was gone.” Jungwoo’s voice became concerned then, “What are you doing in there anyway? Why is the door locked?”

“I’m… uh,” he cleared his throat awkwardly, looking to you through the crack in the doors for help. You shook your head, he’d have to figure his way out of this one on his own.

“Jeno, open the door. Are you okay in there?”

Reluctantly, Jeno did as your brother asked, cracking the door open just enough to peer half his face out. Jungwoo said again, “Is everything okay, Jeno?”

“I’m…” Jeno tried again, wincing as he finished his sentence, “I need some… alone time.”

You held back your snickers as your brother seemed to understand what he was implying, “Oh. Oh. Well, sorry. Have fun, I guess.”

With that, the door was closed again. After a few more moments, you couldn’t stop your laughter from bubbling up anymore, giggling from your hiding place. Jeno opened the closet doors with narrowed eyes, glaring at you covering your mouth with your hand to muffle yourself.

“Nice save,” you had a grin on your face still.

He still seemed upset, and you realized it went past his normal pouting at you teasing him. With a frown that mirrored his own, you reached out to take his hand in yours, “What’s up, Jeno?”

“I didn’t know you were over yesterday.”

“Oh,” you were pleasantly surprised but also a little sheepish as you explained. “Jungwoo and I were out shopping when he had to come back for a really quick 127 meeting, so I just hung out in these dorms with Jaemin. You weren’t home, sorry Jeno.”

“Guess we’ll just have to make up for the missed opportunity,” he sighed melodramatically, then suddenly you were back on his bed, his grip around you even tighter than before as his arms held you steadfast to his chest.

Your giggles returned as you tried to squirm out of his firm grip, “Jeno! I need to breathe!”

“No you don’t,” your boyfriend declared, sealing your lips with his.

You relaxed into the kiss, one of your hands coming up to rest on his cheek. As he deepened it, you thought of nothing else besides your wonderful boyfriend.