Read comment! If you do not see this chapter

Skip to " summary of "fears" and "Halloween ball" if you do not see this chapter.

It was supper time and the great hall was packed with students. Katherine and Tom were laughing and talking. Abraxas was shooting daggers in their direction and Ophelia was doing whatever Ophelia does.

"Attention! Attention!" The headmaster called. The great hall immediately quieted down. " I would happily like to announce that there will be a Halloween ball taking place here at Hogwarts! Students are required to dress up and bring a partner. That is all." He finished.

That girls started to squeal and stress about their dresses. Some of the guys groaned and some of them send flirtatious winks and the girls.

Katherine looked up at Tom who was smirking at her. "What?" She asked.

"How well do you dance?" He smiled.

"What's it to you? It's not like we are going together, you haven't even asks me." She smirked.

He rolled his eyes " Katherine, will go to the ball with me?"

"No." She simply said. " you're gonna have to do better than that. Better hurry Tom, before someone else asks me." She said and left the hall.

The next day.

It was early in the morning, Tom was sitting in the common room reading a book. He was interrupted when he heard footsteps sprinting down the stairs of the girls dorms.

"TOM!" It was Ophelia.

"What." He replied in an annoyed voice.

"If you want to take Katherine to the ball, you better hurry! She's already been asked by two guys!" Ophelia explained.

"Who?" He asked through gritted teeth.

Ophelia smirked " someone's jealous. It was a hufflepuff and a ravenclaw but it doesn't matter! How are you going to ask her?"

" I was thinking about buying her a bouquet of roses." Tom replied.

Ophelia looked at him as if he were stupid. " do you honestly think that she is going to say yes to a couple of flowers?"

Tom was getting impatient " what do you suppose I do?" He asked, tapping his foot on the ground.

A smile filled Ophelia's face " I have a plan."

***

Tom and Katherine were sitting in the library, reading.

"So when are you going to ask me?" Asked Katherine.

Tom smiled " tonight."

They went back to reading.

"Tommykins?" Said and voice. They both looked up from their books, it was Parkinson.

Toms face filled with pure hatred " what?" He replies through gritted teeth.

Parkinson giggled " would you like to go to the ball with me?"

Katherine's eyes widened, she turned and saw a smirking Tom staring at her. " don't you dare" Katherine mouthed.

Toms smirk grew " maybe I will go with you Parkinson" he answered, not taking his eyes of Katherine.

"You'll regret it" Katherine mouthed again.

Parkinson squealed " really?"

"I am having trouble finding s date." He replied.

"You asked for it." Katherine said in parcelmouth. She saw Abraxas sitting at another table and called him over. He quickly made his way to Katherine.