Arc 3.15

Due to this turn out of the unexpected event, Lifan was punished to kneel down with his hands raised above his head.

Li Shao with a stick in his hand was sitting on the main seat with his legs crossed facing his now kneeling son.

And this was the scene that An Yirou saw upon entering the main hall. He didn't even have the time to rejoice in seeing his son when he was forced to ask what happened instead.

He has never seen his wife this furious before.

Once Li Shao heard his husband's question, he used the stick to point at his son as he angrily said,"Ask your good son, what did he do when he was outside?"

An Yirou worriedly turned to ask his son,"Ranran, What did you do?"

Lifan knew that his father was a soft-hearted person unlike his mother so he quickly put on a wronged expression,"It was a misunderstanding! Father, you need to be on my side this time!"

An Yirou's face immediately softened as he quickly reassured him,"Okay, okay. Father will definitely on your side no matter what! Now tell me, where were you and what did you do while you were gone?"

Lifan stammered with shame filled on his face,"I-I fell in love with a man and secretly followed him to his house and temporarily settled down next to him!"

He gritted his teeth to spit out these words in order to match with what An Feiran did as much as possible so that Mei and Two wouldn't think that he was spewing lies and was a scheming person.

Meanwhile, An Yirou who heard this immediately became blank.

He stuttered,"Did he know?"

Lifan lowered his head then awkwardly nodded his head.

"Don't tell me you got together with him?!"

At this question, Lifan immediately put on a panicked expression as he shook his head like a rattle drum,"No, no. It is unrequited!"

Li Shao snarled,"Then why did she say that he is your lover?"

Lifan didn't back down and retorted,"He is a lover in my head but not in reality! Can I not even allow to have that delusion?!"

Hearing this, Li Shao became a bit apprehended so he questioned in a more straightforward way,"You didn't sleep with him?"

Lifan's face turned a bit pale as he instantly replied,"No! He is from a noble family so I know my place and stop dreaming about being with him..."

Mei heard this and worriedly looked at him.

She actually found out how the two met not long ago so she became even more confused about their relationship.

At first, she thought that her Master happened to fall in love with Young Master An at first sight that's why he saved and treated him really well. However, Young Master An felt overwhelmed with his favor and didn't dare to accept the Emperor's love.

That's why she has been constantly putting good words for her Master in front of Young Master An.

However, once she heard the real story she admitted that she was no longer understand what was going on between the two.

Two said that Young Master An climbed their Master's bed and got punished by him and almost died. But somehow, their Master saved him when he was on the brink of death and his attitude toward him drastically changed to which they have seen nowadays!

When she heard this she even thought that Two was fabricating a story to fool her!

She couldn't believe that the likable and gentle Young Master that she has been familiarizing with would do something like that!