47

This is a long ass chapter and I'm not gonna be able to update for a couple days, so here's my gift to you :)

THIS IS NOT THE END, SO DONT PANIC!!!

I love you all, thanks for reading, voting and commenting :))

———————————————————————

There was a hole in the fence surrounding the lab. Eddie had pointed it out, so the pair climbed through and walked to the front door to the lab, noticing that it was already unlocked.

Stan didn't hesitate to push open the door and walk inside, followed reluctantly by Eddie. They took in the sight of the entrance, glass broken and scratches covering the walls.

"They weren't kidding," Eddie whispered, remembering the story that Mike Wheeler had told them about the monsters that nearly killed all of them.

Stan didn't say anything, but he nodded, walking up to the wall and running his finger along the scratch. It was deep into the wall, which made both boys realize the dangers that the Hawkins group must have faced.

"We thought we lived dangerous lives," Stan whispered, seeing the three inch deep crevasse in the wall.

The continued to walk around, stepping over broken glass and what looked like blood stains. Eddie felt like he was going to puke seeing the stains all over the ground.

"Hands where we can see them!" a deep voice yelled from behind them.

Eddie and Stan pulled out their guns and turned around, seeing a large group of people standing in the doorway to the lab. In front of the group stood a boy with gelled hair holding a baseball bat with nails all through it.

"Wait! They're with us!" a voice yelled from the back of the group.

Eddie sighed in relief when Richie pushed his way past the guy in the front of the group. He and Stan lowered their guns and placed them back in their holsters.

"Shit, you two look horrible!" Richie exclaimed, rushing forward and pulling Eddie into a tight hug.

"Nice to see you, too," Eddie said, his voice muffled into Richie's shoulder. He knew Richie was right. He and Stan had been running nonstop with very little sleep and each had at least three mental breakdowns on the way.

"We should get to the lower levels, where it's more secure," El said, getting the full group's attention.

Everyone followed El to the stairs, where they descended to the lower lab levels, in front of a huge dirt wall.

"The gate," Will whispered, looking at the brown wall.

El inhaled sharply, but shook her head and turned away, sitting on a desk.

"What happened?" Bev asked once they were all sitting, their focus on Eddie and Stan. The newer people in the room seemed to be filled in on the situation, all armed and focused.

"They showed up and we said you escaped. They don't know anything about anyone except El, but we cant expect that to last for long. They have eyes everywhere. Their search might be slowed down because Ben and Bill are on our side, but they're smart," Stan explained.

"Do we have a plan?" Ben asked, clearly overwhelmed by the idea of betraying the Hive.

Eddie sighed, his breath catching in his throat as he fought back being upset. "Yeah," he murmured.

"Eds? What's wrong?" Richie asked, instantly recognizing Eddie's tone as an upset one. He didn't hesitate to walk over to where Eddie stood in front of the group and tug him to sit down on his lap.