CH. 9 You Don't Want To See This

"Violet where do you think you're going," Kade hisses as he grabs the collar of my shirt, stopping me from getting too far away from car.

The ride home was painfully silent. West didn't dare to look at me, meanwhile Kade couldn't stop glancing at me through the rear-view mirror. And for Flynn, he remained quiet the whole ride- probably trying not to entangle himself in our mess.

"I'm going inside, what do you think?" I replied casually, looking back into Kade's car to see Flynn helping West wobble out.

"No you're not," Kade told me, shaking his head at me, "We're talking to Lucas about this."

My eyes lit up.

This is the first time I would actually be happy to have Lucas here since he's gotten back.

"Ya okay," I agreed, smirking at Kade, "Please, let's go talk to him- so he can defend me for being the victim," I bit at Kade, turning around and marching up to the front door to find my savior.

Lucas would understand me having to stick up for myself. It's basic training, duh.

I rung the doorbell one, two, three times; trying to get someone to answer before West could reach me.

"Hurry up Mr. One Nut," Kade called back to West who was hobbling down the pavement.

"Give me a minute, asshole!" West shouted back at Kade, gripping onto Flynn's shoulder to speed up their pace.

Right as West and Flynn approached the front of the house where Kade and I stood, the door flew wide open and a very angry Lucas stood in the frame.

"Oh my gosh, I never thought I'd be this excited to see you," I rambled, throwing myself at Lucas for a tight embrace.

He stumbled back in confusion, but instantly hugged me in return, placing his head on mine and squeezing- soothing his anger.

"What's up with this unexpected burst of affection?" Lucas asked to our three other brothers who were standing in the doorway, confused by my behavior as well.

"Don't get too excited Lucas," Kade sighed, looking back to West who stood like a dog with his tail between his legs, "She kicked West in the balls."

Lucas moved his head off of mine to glance at West's pitiful state, and then looked down to me, smiling, "You did what now, neonata?"

I looked up to Lucas, still tight around his waist, "Just hear me out," I started, glancing to West who was glaring at me.

"Ok, I'm all ears..." Lucas replied, awaiting my story.

"He cornered me in a freaking Target and threatened me, telling me how weak and little I was. So, I just proved him wrong and defended myself- how you taught me to in a situation like that," I said, looking up into Lucas' big, threatening, brown eyes.

Lucas stood still for a while, gently stroking my hair, and looked to West- blinking at him.

"Why would you do that fratellino," Lucas sneered at West as he cowered against Flynn slightly, "You're just as little in my eyes as you think she is in yours," He growled, unlatching me from his waist and gripping West by the front collar of his shirt.

"We don't hurt our famiglia, we protect them," Lucas said coldly, bringing his face a centimeter away from West's.

"I- I'm s- sorry," West whimpered, trying to edge himself out of Lucas' death grip.

"Oh, you will be sorry," Lucas replied, releasing West and pushing him backwards into Flynn, who caught him.