twenty nine.

And every time I say some stupid shit
Just know I didn't mean to
I don't know what I'd do without you
But I still think about it
Yes I do
| Psalm - Luv

And every time I say some stupid shitJust know I didn't mean toI don't know what I'd do without youBut I still think about itYes I do| Psalm - Luv

"Shit," Omari hissed as he hit his arm against the counter, scrunching his face up in pain

"Shit!" Brayden repeated after him, swinging his feet back and forth on the chair.

"See you do too much, 'cause you know you can't say that word," Omari frowned in Brayden's direction making Brayden burst out into a fit a giggles.  Omari tried to hold back his laughter but couldn't, shaking his head at the young boy.

Omari took to the cabinets to grab two bowls before filling them both up with milk and Captain Crunch—Brayden's favorite cereal. With a tired yawn, he placed both bowls onto the table and handed Brayden a spoon, watching him immediately devour the cereal with ease. After eyeing his son for a couple of seconds, Omari popped a spoonful of cereal onto his mouth and rubbed his temples as he chewed. His eyes lowered a bit until they became shut, his mouth still slowly chewing.

Sleep was something that seemed to be nonexistent for Omari last night and he knew it could have been for two reasons. One, Remi's missing presence was felt all throughout the night. Two, every time he shut his eyes the image of Tristan crept into his mind like a thief in the night. It wasn't the day of the accident like Omari used to dream about, but this time around just him standing in a white room, dressed in his usual workout gear. Each time Tristan's mouth looked like it was about to open, Omari would shoot up from his sleep in a bit of a cold sweat.

He wasn't sure if it was Tristan trying to pass on a message to him like he had to Aunt Maggie, but Omari was too nervous to even try and hear it. Part of him thought it also may have been his mind playing tricks on him and what he thought would be a peaceful dream would end up being a nightmare. So instead of closing his eyes to rest, Omari just stared at the ceiling thinking about the disagreement he and Remi had shared.

Omari wasn't that big of a morning person, but he was yearning for Brayden to wake up so he'd have someone to share his company with and stop him from envisioning his cousin. When he and Brayden went downstairs, his parents were leaving to get some last minute gifts and his siblings were still asleep. It gave Omari some extra time to think without having to entertain any of his family, especially with Remi's text coming through.