Chapter 37

Today, I'm promoting an awesome story and an even cooler author: MiaMeade 

Her story is a teen werewolf romance, called: Sold to a Wolf Pack - 'My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt.' 

If 'Sold to a Wolf Pack' sounds like something you're interested in, don't hesitate to show your support and add it to your reading lists and give Mia a follow! :)

- Sian

Rowan imagined himself running through the room and smashing the fish tank to a million sharp shards of glass. His spine, from his neck down, tingled with shock. Kaerius was at the back of the room curled in a fish tank no bigger than a metre high and a metre wide. His arms, covered in slashes and purple Thalassic Mortal blood, hung over the sides of the tank. His head rested against his arm and blood dripped to the floor from a gash on his head. Kaerius' left eye was puffed and bruised. Purple blood streamed from his nose.

Rowan shuffled closer, noticing Kaerius' bruised chest. His eyes travelled over his beautiful turquoise tail that was forced to bend tightly around him. Shiny scales were scattered all over the marble floor. Rowan bent down and picked one up. Purple Thalassic Mortal blood coated the end. Had Kaerius been cut with his own scales?

"He's not dead yet," Wez said. "We've asked him why he had legs, but so far, the only thing he's said is stupid land Mortal."

Rowan dropped the scale, and the noise of it hitting the hard floor seemed to ring louder than any other noise. He stared at Kaerius with a throbbing heart. Kaerius was obviously in unbearable pain, and he could have told them he had bonded to Rowan, but Kaerius said nothing. He kept it a secret. Somehow, Rowan knew it was because Kaerius didn't want him to suffer too.

"Do you know why he had legs?" Rowan asked carefully. His eyes never flicked from Kaerius. The clogs were turning in his mind. Rowan was planning his attack.

"Some think he's cursed. Some think he's a hybrid of a human and a sea creature. Skai, out there who was sharpening her sword, she thinks he's a Royal and bonded to a human, which would explain the legs."

The word bond awoke his own bond. His soul wailed for Kaerius. "Bond?" Rowan repeated. He could feel Wez looking at him. Wez knew Rowan was tense. He was too enraged to keep the fury out of his eyes.

"You know, the bonding of the souls, creating eternal love between two people. It sounds nice, but you'd have to be a damn unfortunate human to be bonded to a Thalassic Mortal."

Rowan made a low noise in his throat. It almost sounded like a growl. "Royals don't exist."

"Don't they? Mandy and I think they fled."

"Why?" Rowan took his bag off his shoulders and placed it in front of his feet. He had brought weapons, and he was going to use them.

"I thought you would know the tales, but then again," Wez hushed his voice and looked around. "I know you've never been interested in this world. Mandy made me tell stories about how you've slain every supernatural creature in horrific ways, just to big you up a bit," Wez chuckled, and Rowan looked far from amused. Wez noticed his hands clenching and unclenching. Rowan stood tall and stiff like he was holding himself back from sprinting a hundred miles. Wez tilted his head. His eyes narrowed. "Why are you really here, Rowan Solar?"

Rowan's time had come. "Well," he said with a casual tone that didn't match the hardness of his features. He bent down and rummaged through his bag. Rowan pulled out a metal bar about 10 inches long. He placed his fingers in the grooves and started walking through the room.