(20)

Song Above: Lovely Billie Eilish & Khalid

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"You want me to walk you to your door?" Ryan smiled with a glimmer of hope in his eyes as we pulled up to my house.

Dinner had been eventful since no one really spoke after Brody and I's outburst. Rose kept trying to make conversation but even she realized there was no point. Ryan had removed his hand from my leg during the argument and didn't put it back at any point.

I spent most of the evening sending scowls in a certain someone's direction hoping he'd choke on the papaya or somehow develop an allergic reaction, whilst he completely acted as if I wasn't sat directly opposite him. If it wasn't for the fact he kept accidentally kicking me I would have believed he thought I wasn't.

I couldn't get his words out of my head. They kept replaying in my mind the whole car journey home.

"You'd rather go for the easy boring option than take a risk or even an adventure,"

Was that what I was doing?

I was attracted to Ryan and we had so much in common, but I couldn't deny that I felt something was missing.

But who was Brody to point that out?

Ryan wasn't a boring option for sure and it wasn't fair of Brody to put him in that category, after all, he's his brother.

And if Ryan was the boring one, was he referring to himself as the adventure?

I can't deny the fact he makes me feel things I didn't want to feel, but he was the one who had decided to push me away so how dare he make a comment like that.

I heard a cough, which brought me out of my thoughts and I found Ryan still staring at me waiting for my answer.

"Yeah sure," I forced a smiled and was grateful that he didn't notice.

"Great," He beamed before turning to Brody  "I'll be a sec,"

"Don't be too long," Brody groaned never taking his eyes away from the steering wheel.

He didn't even say goodbye or even look at me as I got out of the car. Prick. I squeezed Rose's shoulder and she smiled but even she looked glad to see me leaving.

As far as she was aware Brody and I's argument was just due to our hatred towards one and another. If she knew the context I think I would have lost a friend.

"I'm so sorry about today," Ryan said his voice sad as we walked up to my driveway.

I turned my head towards him, my eyebrows scrunched together "Why are you sorry?"

He lets out a sigh "Because I know it was supposed to be us going to dinner and I stupidly invited Brody, I forgot how much you two don't get along,"

"It's okay, the food was great despite the silence," I tried to laugh but it came out false and this time Ryan noticed.

His face dropped "I haven't ruined things have I?"