V

Todoroki's POV

Getting in my car, I set the bouquet in the passenger's seat. I knew this wasn't nearly enough, I still had other places to go. Just as I was about the exit the parking lot of the mall, I received a call. I blinked at the caller for a second before answering it.

"Midoriya, wha-"
"Y/N is going to the US!" he yelled from the other end of the phone.
"What?" I questioned. "What are you talking about?"
"I have no idea if she left your house yet! Get back to the house as soon as possible! I sent Ochaco to hold her back at the airport in case she got there already!" I put the phone on speaker before starting the car and backing out of the parking lot. I sped down the streets, my heart racing as I drove as fast as I could to our house. Midoriya's words through the phone became background noise as everything that I had done came hurtling towards me. She deserved to leave me. She deserved to find someone better. She deserved all of it, but I didn't want it. I wanted her to stay. I wanted her to stay with me despite everything I had done. I parked outside of our house and exited the car before throwing open the door.

"Y/N!" I called out her name, but I didn't receive a response. My first instinct was to fly towards our bedroom. I looked around, searching for a sign of her. When I threw open the closet, my heart sank even deeper. All of her clothes and personal belongings were gone. The only reminders of her ever being here, were the photos she took of us together. I ran down the steps and searched the bottom level, knowing it would be in vain. Upon entering the dining room, I noticed the bouquet she had bought earlier. Artificial... Beside the vase, was a slip of paper. Sitting on top of it was her ring. The gold ring that I had slipped on her finger when we made our vows. The same vows I had broken. I looked towards the paper.

'Dear Shouto,
I'm sorry. I can't keep lying to myself anymore. It's too harmful to my own state of mind for me to push forwards like this. I'm tired of waking up to an empty bed. I'm tired of returning to an empty home. I'm tired of seeing the marks on your neck. I'm tired of pretending I'm alright. I'm tired of pretending I'm happy. I'm tired of everything. I've hit my breaking point and it's getting harder to hide. I kept telling myself that someday you'd stop. I waited for months, only to be reminded everyday by those marks on your neck that you were with her, not me. My head is filled with thoughts that no one should have. I shouldn't look at a knife while making dinner and think of ending everything. I shouldn't walk on a bridge and consider jumping off. I shouldn't look at a moving car and think of jumping in front of it. I plan on finding a reliable therapist to help me, but until then, don't expect to hear from me any time soon. I'm saying goodbye to the man I love, to the man I'll never be able to forget, to the man I'll always keep in my heart, to the man I'll always think about when I am sad. I've been fighting with myself over whether to tell you or not, but at the very least, you deserve to know. I've been pregnant for three and a half months now. Did you notice the small bump? Or did you not care at all? As much as I would've wanted you to see her, I'd rather not put our child through the pain of living in a broken family. In the end, losing a father is much worse than not having one in the first place, isn't it? I hope you live a happy life. This is goodbye.
Love, L/N Y/N'

Hot tears streamed down my face as I finished reading. No... I ran out the front door, paper and ring in hand. No.. I started the car again and drove towards the closest airport. No. This isn't fair. You can't just leave like this. You can't just tell me you're pregnant then run away. You can't do this to me. Every red light made me grow more and more anxious. Please. You have every right to leave, but I don't think I'll be able to take it. More tears fell as I found myself stuck in traffic. My phone rang and I reached towards it with a shaky hand, hoping it was her, but as I read the screen, my hopes were shattered.

"Todoroki! Ochaco got her to miss her flight! She got a new ticket for the next one. You have a little over an hour. Where are you?!" yelled Midoriya.
"I-"
"Do you not care?!"
"Of course I care!" I yelled.
"Then get there!" he yelled back.
"I'm stuck in traffic!"
"You're really going to let traffic hold you back??" His voice was filled with anger as he spoke. "Right now, I have no idea why I'm helping you. Maybe it's because we went to high school together, maybe it's because I'm her friend, but I'll say it now. If traffic is all it takes to keep you away from her, then you really aren't worth it." After speaking, he hung up, letting silence consume the car. He's right. I looked out of the window in search of something, anything, I could use to get to her. My eyes widened as I noticed a person on a motorcycle speaking to someone through their open window. I got out of my car and ran towards them.

"Please!" I exclaimed as I rushed towards them. "I need to get to my wife. I don't have time. Please let me borrow your motorcycle. You can use my car." I blurted out.
"What??" questioned the driver.
"I don't have the time to explain, just please. I'll give you money, anything. My contact information is in the car."
"Y-you're the president of the Endeavor corporation! S-sure!" they exclaimed, taking off their helmet and handing it to me. I thanked them before climbing on and speeding ahead.